MOW: Assault Squad 2...SWEET!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 29, 2013, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

As you all know, I love MOW: Assault Squad.  Thrilled to read about a sequel that will once again feature single-player skirmish style maps!!!

http://www.menofwargame.com/games/assaultsquad2

Men of War: Assault Squad 2 is the next chapter in the award-winning Men of War strategy game series and a continuation of the Men of War: Assault Squad experience.

Men of War: Assault Squad 2 features new single player style skirmish modes that take players from extreme tank combat to deadly sniper stealth missions. Commanders can now faceoff against opponents on various new multiplayer 1v1 – 4v4 maps. To truly bring the battles to life though there is the new 8v8 game mode designed for huge battles on spectacular maps.
This new Assault Squad game brings significant game engine and visual improvements as well, with special attention paid to ones that were highly requested by the players. These included items such as advanced multi-core support, advanced shader technology, interface and AI improvements, as well as added camouflage depending on season/map, fully updated inventory items with new graphics and updated vehicles, sound improvements, Steam multiplayer and much more.

Woot!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 29, 2013, 01:50:19 PM
As you all know, I love MOW: Assault Squad.  Thrilled to read about a sequel that will once again feature single-player skirmish style maps!!!

What did you think of the others in the series?  I have pretty much all of them, but barely touched.  IIRC, one of them didn't run as smoothly on my desktop PC as I would've liked, for some reason.  Had some fps drops in places.  :-[

I realize assault squad was more of a long-ish skirmish type map whereas the others had a string of preset missions lined up?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on August 04, 2013, 04:56:45 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 29, 2013, 01:50:19 PM

What did you think of the others in the series?  I have pretty much all of them, but barely touched.  IIRC, one of them didn't run as smoothly on my desktop PC as I would've liked, for some reason.  Had some fps drops in places.  :-[

I realize assault squad was more of a long-ish skirmish type map whereas the others had a string of preset missions lined up?

I liked the others, as well. However, the pre-set campaign missions were just too hard and without cheating, there was no way to advance until you succeeded in each mission.  Eventually, I'd get stuck and just stop playing.

Assault squad is just like a giant sandbox with all these cool toys at your fingertips, and for me, it really never gets old.  Now, you still have to "beat" maps to move onto the next one in the sequence, but the missions are not that hard because you actually have access to the resources you need to win and you're not pitted against overwhelming odds like you are in the campaign missions of the other titles. So, you typically are able to advance reasonably. Additionally, because each map is so big and you get so much gear to play with, the missions stay fresh anyway, so replaying them never gets old. Finally, there are 5 different nationalities to play with, and each one has their own unique army and maps.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Awesome.  Thanks for the info.  I'll have to Assault Squad back on my to-do list.  Probably after I get a new vid card.

SgtRock

I enjoyed the MOW, FOW games but, I wish they improved the AI so it didn't need endless re-spawns. I think a Panzer Corp campaign system with limited re-enforcements would make it a better game and help take the series to next level.

Toonces

I have the other MOW games, but somehow I missed Assault Squad.  If you happen to see it go on sale, please let me know.  $30 is a bit steep for me- I'm not a big fan of the other versions- but for $10-15 I might give it a shot.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on August 04, 2013, 03:13:38 PM
I have the other MOW games, but somehow I missed Assault Squad.  If you happen to see it go on sale, please let me know.  $30 is a bit steep for me- I'm not a big fan of the other versions- but for $10-15 I might give it a shot.

free demo on steam - i thought it was great

spacht

You can currently get MOW:AS (and 5 other games) on the HumbleBundle weekly sale for $ 3.36. The sale runs for three more days.

Grim.Reaper

Here is the link, not a bad deal for those that don't own it.  You have to pay at least the average amount to get it which currently is around $3.30 for the bundle.

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Nefaro

The Kings Bounty series is also pretty good for those who enjoy the Heroes of Might & Magic style of strategy RPG.  Some say it's better than the HOMM series.