Homeworld 1&2 HD re-release

Started by mikeck, July 31, 2013, 09:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mikeck

It's amazing that after all these years, no one has been able to capture the atmosphere, gameplay...and frankly, graphics of the Homeworld series. Modded, it is a beautiful game and there aren't any other games like it. Why someone has not made a Homeworld 3 is beyond me;  or at least a similar game
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

IIRC Relic got bought by a publisher but by that time someone else owned the HW franchise.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 02, 2013, 07:14:44 PM
IIRC Relic got bought by a publisher but by that time someone else owned the HW franchise.

Relic was part of THQ (now defunct). They moved on to do the Warhammer RTS games and the Company of Heroes games. But I think you are right, the HW license was owned by Sierra, which was bought by Activision (now Activision Blizzard).

I really enjoyed their game Impossible Creatures and would love to see something like that in a modern engine.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: son_of_montfort on August 03, 2013, 11:10:15 AM
But I think you are right, the HW license was owned by Sierra, which was bought by Activision (now Activision Blizzard).

this.

mikeck

From looking at the Complex 9.0 mod (coming September) they have abandoned the Homeworld engine and moved to the Nexus:jupiter incident engine. Interesting
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

that game just didnt come close to grabbing as much of my attention.

mikeck

Me neither...but they are modding it to be similar to Homeworld...at least the skirmish mode. The engine is very good so I have high hopes

Jarhead0331

The game didn't grab me when it first came out, as well.  However, years later I loaded it up again and really enjoyed it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18