Space trading/Mining/Combat: “helium rain”

Started by mikeck, November 10, 2017, 03:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Any of you guys playing this m? It's called "Helium Rain"

http://helium-rain.com
Check out the trailer

Looks like you have a trading ship and you are in a planetary system run by corporations. You basically run your own mining corporation producing a trading and you can go to war with the other corporations or hire out as a mercenary.  Uses Newtonian flight physics  and seems to make an effort to be realistic both in terms of flight and weapons but also on how the ships look. It is in early access right now but it's pretty polished. Was curious if anybody here have been playing it and had any opinions
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Its not that bad, but its still pretty early in development.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 10, 2017, 03:34:27 PM
Its not that bad, but its still pretty early in development.

Hoping it still scratches an itch. I love Children of a Dead earth but wanted a bit less realism and something like growing an empire or something "sandboxy"

Features:
-12 playable ships with weapon and engine upgrades
Build and fly fleets of fighters, bombers, cargos, corvettes or capital ships. Buy new engines and weapons.

-Fast-paced combat with a Newtonian flight model
There is no speed limit in Helium Rain. You can fly at half a mile a second while aiming backwards. Beware of asteroids.

-Realistic economy model
Take advantage of an accurate simulation of space trade to be the most competitive company. If diplomacy fails, blockades are in order.

-Localized damage model for spacecrafts
Aim for critical systems in order to disable ships, kill their crew or capture targets.

-A planetary system to explore
Explore around 25 sectors orbiting the gas giant Nema and its moons.

-Procedural contracts, world exploration, technology upgrades
Pick contracts and build your empire to become the largest company.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

PanzersEast

Has been released, anyone jumping on board?  I heard it was on the lighter side of X3(ish).  It looks like it could be pretty interesting.

mikeck

Quote from: PanzersEast on October 12, 2018, 01:52:30 PM
Has been released, anyone jumping on board?  I heard it was on the lighter side of X3(ish).  It looks like it could be pretty interesting.

Has a much more realistic flight model that x

Jarhead0331

I like it, but I've had some trouble sticking with it. Its just a little dull early on.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 12, 2018, 05:21:13 PM
I like it, but I've had some trouble sticking with it. Its just a little dull early on.

Very true. Cant explain why but it is. Haven't played in awile but I would hope they would add a variety of missions to make it feel like I'm in space with other people. I feel like I fly from station to station trading. I DO Like the realistic flight model and more realistic ships that don't look like fighter planes

DennisS

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 12, 2018, 05:21:13 PM

In this type of game, dull is good. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell. Mine until hold is full, go sell.

Use the money you made to increase your hold by 10%, and your speed by 5%.

Repeat.