Started by IronX, October 17, 2015, 05:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Aye, 'twas good fun to play.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jack Nastyface

SCRIPTED FPS with muzzle-loaders could work be good...MP action I am still suspicious.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

GJK

I would suspect that those with a big interest in the ACW would enjoy this (for a time at least) but the bunnie-jumper kiddies will absolutely hate it.

Re: Time Tripper.  Fun game and a fun little time-killer.  I've been meaning to make a VASSAL module for that one.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

What I was noticiing from the video is that there appears to be a means to lead your squad(?) or whatever the formation is....it looks like the player is placing formation markers on the ground ahead of himself. 

I played quite a bit of Mount and Blade Napoleon when it first came out, strictly the FPS part and not the force on force part.  It was surprisingly fun in small doses, kind of like ARMA 3 KotH. 

I don't want to be judgmental, but this could be fun if it's done right.  Some command elements might be critical; controlling only your own toon might not be satisfying for the reasons mentioned above.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on October 19, 2015, 04:55:48 PM
SCRIPTED FPS with muzzle-loaders could work be good...MP action I am still suspicious.

(my bold)

Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars is a blast in multi-player.  Far better than any single-player it could possibly have, scripted or otherwise.

The MP is even more fun due to the muzzle-loading firearms (and cannon).  Much the opposite of what you suspect.

The big confused skirmishes are more enjoyable than marching around in a line too.  Had some great experiences with hectic fort attacks with 60-100 players going at it with Napoleonic equipment.  O0

Grim.Reaper

Being a civil war fan, I would give it a try...however, not sure this will even make the goal to be funded.

Cyrano

M&B Napoleonics KILLS in MP.

Even when you're not playing as a rifleman.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

SirAndrewD

Just going to leave this here and run..

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^Nice inoffensive version of the Stars and Bars :)

I love the idea of this game...I don't know if it will make goal though, as said above...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 19, 2015, 08:59:25 PM
Just going to leave this here and run..

ROFL

Loved me some ATHF.

Father Ted

Is there not an ACW mod for M&B?  As has been pointed out above, I'm sure that would be a better representation of the period than a squad-based shooter (which this appears to be - down to the dialogue, even).

Jack Nastyface

Hmm...good feedback.  Is anyone still playing M&B Napoleonic?  I would still be keen to check it out.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Toonces

Gosh, I haven't played M&B:N in probably two years but it was pretty fun in multiplayer.  Again, it wasn't as much shoot once then run up and stabby stabby as you might think.  Then again, I don't think it was much of a representation of real Napoleonic warfare, either.  But it was still fun.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bison

M&B: N is fun if you accept the fact that there is no use of what you would think of traditional Napoleonic war.  Organized lines and such.  If you accept that it's call of duty with flint and lock it can be pretty fun.

Father Ted

Quote from: Bison on October 21, 2015, 02:45:00 PM
M&B: N is fun if you accept the fact that there is no use of what you would think of traditional Napoleonic war.  Organized lines and such.

Well, that's hardly likely to happen in pub MP in any game, but I know there are (or perhaps were) "regiments" who did the whole lining up thing.