GH 2018 Fantasy Baseball League

Started by MetalDog, February 23, 2018, 10:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

I cannot make it the 26th for the draft, so will auto draft be in effect.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Yes it will.  If you want to have a modicum of control on who you draft, please make sure to pre-rank your players.  There's still no guarantee you'll get exactly who you want, but, that doesn't happen even if you are participating in the live draft.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Ok folks.  We've got 9.  Need one more or I have to create a ghost team.  Who's going to step up?  Will it be you?  Or you? Or You?

bayonetbrant

I just got word I'm working that Monday night.  I'm going to have my laptop with me and will try to keep abreast of the draft, but I'll get my auto-pick list in place in case I can't give it full attention

I'm just watching the front desk at the soccer place, but I do need to actually pay attention some :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

So I only had to auto-pick about 4 spots, which isn't too bad for how busy we are in here

Adult league nights always result in a LOT of beer sales
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Good grief...so, who needs relief pitchers? I think I got all of them.  :2funny:

MetalDog

Yeah, sorry about that.  I originally wanted it to be later.  My brother works a double at the restaurant tonight and would have maybe made the tail end if we started at the original 9:30 EDT.  Then it was brought to my attention that it's, well, 9:30 and decent people don't stay up late.  So I moved it back 45 minutes.

Thank you all so much for participating.  I look forward to the season and the competition.  As for the filler team, it'll work like any of the others we have used up to this point.  The roster will be kept full.  Players will be rotated in and out as they are playing that day or not.  Any pickups will be due to a stay on the DL for the filler team's player(s).  It will be the highest rated replacement player on Waivers based on Current ADP (or whatever the in-season measuring stick is).  Once the player on the DL comes off of it, the lowest performing player on the current roster, that makes sense, will be dropped.  Trades can be proposed to the filler team, but any such query will be thrown open to the league and will be decided on by a vote of said league.  Anything I missed?

Hope you all have a great year!! PLAY BALL!!!

MetalDog

Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 26, 2018, 09:06:51 PM
Good grief...so, who needs relief pitchers? I think I got all of them.  :2funny:

Maybe you should adjust your draft rankings ;)

Arctic Blast

Quote from: MetalDog on March 26, 2018, 09:08:22 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 26, 2018, 09:06:51 PM

Maybe you should adjust your draft rankings ;)

I did. Apparently the AI decided to ignore starters.  ;D

MetalDog

I noticed the filler team got exactly 2 RP and 5 SP.  Including 2 for the Bench.  Gotta love the AI :uglystupid2:

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

So, if you pick up Shohei Ohtani (sp?) do you get to use him as both a batter and a pitcher?

MetalDog

No.  There are separate entries for batter and pitcher.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on May 11, 2018, 05:26:51 AM
No.  There are separate entries for batter and pitcher.

That's too bad.  I mean, the Angels are only using one roster spot on him...

MetalDog

It was the only way Yahoo could make it fair.