PanzerBlitz2 Hill of Death add-on: Carentan

Started by Crossroads, August 21, 2016, 08:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Chit Pull segment #9. US Op1. Well that was nice at least, as there were only two US Op Chits remaining, an Op1 and an Op0.

Moving again, I maneuver for another CAT attack at the resilient German forward post. This time I have the Engineers with me. German Reaction Fire as described previously gets no results this time either, while now I get the additional -1 DRM from my Engineers. I roll a 5, so at (11+12):9+2-3-1 that equals fours, and they're gone. Finally!  :knuppel2:

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Administration Segment

The remaining OpChit is not used for Fog of War, so that's it for the First turn's Chit Pull Segment. It is only now that any remaining Artillery Requests would have been actually resolved. If both sides would have them, then the player who played the last Chit Pull segment would go first. So any of that did not quite happen here.

Otherwise not much Administration left, all would be good for Turn 2, with two fresh US AB platoon entering fray...

Looking at things, I decide to restart though.

First, the very direct approach I tried with the US forces was too daring, and the first chit pull segments were also quite unlucky.

Another thing is I decided for this solo play to not use any Opportunity Fire during the hostile Move phase. I could have perhaps rolled dice whether to apply it or not, so with these two things a restart it is. I made some other silly little things as well... Note to myself: RTFM before playing, next time  :uglystupid2:

It was great fun though.

It is too bad this game format really never took off, so there's just the basic Hill Of Death game box and this one Carentan add-on set to have.

I am very happy to have secured both of them now  :smitten:

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

I really should have taken better notes of my game play, I am sure there's a few details I missed but hopefully you enjoyed this little Sunday DAR  :)

panzerde

Nice looking game! I haven't much looked into the revision of this system. I like a lot of what I'm seeing. Similar in many ways to the Was Storm series.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Crossroads

It is a nice game, too bad this was it, it seems. Maybe the brand name was a burden rather than a lift, after all.

I really should have read the rule set before playing though, got so many things wrong playing out of my head. But what better excuse than that to play it again  O:-)

Bison

Great AAR.  I was seriously looking at this one for awhile, but never did pull the trigger.  Now it's going for a premium on the secondary market. 

Crossroads

Quote from: Bison on August 21, 2016, 08:05:06 PM
Great AAR.  I was seriously looking at this one for awhile, but never did pull the trigger.  Now it's going for a premium on the secondary market.

Thanks!

I had not realised the after market prices have gone so high, USD70-100. Wow. I got mine last year for 30 for a box in very good condition.

I wish they'd try to create new content at least in the magazine format, maybe sell the original as a zip lock too. I'd imagine it would not be too expensive, as all material would be ready...

bayonetbrant

great read!

(going to relocate this to the tabletop AAR thread...)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Crossroads

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 22, 2016, 05:14:26 AM
great read!

(going to relocate this to the tabletop AAR thread...)

Thanks, did not think this would be much of an AAR as it is the first turn only. Posted it at Wargaming forum to show the game system mostly  :)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: Crossroads on August 22, 2016, 01:24:21 AM

I had not realised the after market prices have gone so high, USD70-100. Wow. I got mine last year for 30 for a box in very good condition.

I wish they'd try to create new content at least in the magazine format, maybe sell the original as a zip lock too. I'd imagine it would not be too expensive, as all material would be ready...

Based off of what I've read at various sites, I'd honestly be surprised if MMP devotes resources to another print run or more add-on content.  I hope I'm wrong.  I'd picked up used copies of Panzerblitz and Panzer Leader a few years back at Prezcon.  I should have examined the box contents more carefully before purchasing as there are a good number of "homemade" counters  >:(.  That just squashed my desire to put the games on the table and sort through the bits to make sure that a copy of each counter was there original or "homemade".  It really soured my taste to experiment with the second hand market through Ebay or the Geekmarket.

Crossroads

I had some time in my hands so thought to revive all the dead image links on this one. It takes a bit of effort to do an AAR, and it's quite annoying then to have all your images disappering. First happened to me when Photobucket shelved their free option, then I went to DropBox and they then killed their first approach where all files in Public folder were, well, public  >:(

I later found out a way to share DropBox images after all, takes some manual editing to do so. Here's how it plays.

First, create and copy a Share link. What you see at the end of file is something like this

[..snip..]/IMG_2427.png?dl=0

Change the bolded part to this, and it now works as a valid image link:

[..snip..]/IMG_2427.png?raw=1

MengJiao

Quote from: Crossroads on February 09, 2019, 06:47:33 AM
I had some time in my hands so thought to revive all the dead image links on this one. It takes a bit of effort to do an AAR, and it's quite annoying then to have all your images disappering. First happened to me when Photobucket shelved their free option, then I went to DropBox and they then killed their first approach where all files in Public folder were, well, public  >:(

I later found out a way to share DropBox images after all, takes some manual editing to do so. Here's how it plays.

First, create and copy a Share link. What you see at the end of file is something like this

Fantastic AAR, great presentation, wonderful game!  Loved it!!!

Crossroads

Quote from: MengJiao on February 10, 2019, 10:30:25 AM
Quote from: Crossroads on February 09, 2019, 06:47:33 AM

Fantastic AAR, great presentation, wonderful game!  Loved it!!!

Thanks  :)

W8taminute

Good AAR!  I still own Panzerblitz, Panzerleader, and Arab Israeli Wars.  One of the few connections to the past that I still have. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk