Main Menu

War Thunder Thread

Started by republic, November 07, 2014, 07:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Quote from: jomni on October 25, 2018, 05:28:31 PM
Quote from: Destraex on October 25, 2018, 05:03:13 PM
The whole depth charge thing seems odd to me. When a torpedo boat sallies along side an enemy DD and drops depth charges.
Such a large explosion should probably take the torpedo boat with it, no?

I don't play ships but are you playing arcade or realistic?
Realistic all the way. Why don't you play ships?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 26, 2018, 12:01:24 AM

And "Africa" is pretty big even for one Ju-87:

But here is a Devastator with a fixed up torpedo (mark Xiii/44):

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on October 26, 2018, 11:50:04 AM
Quote from: jomni on October 25, 2018, 05:28:31 PM
Quote from: Destraex on October 25, 2018, 05:03:13 PM
The whole depth charge thing seems odd to me. When a torpedo boat sallies along side an enemy DD and drops depth charges.
Such a large explosion should probably take the torpedo boat with it, no?

I don't play ships but are you playing arcade or realistic?
Realistic all the way. Why don't you play ships?

I love tanks.  :smitten:

Destraex

"From 11:00 GMT on the 1st of November until 07:00 GMT on the 5th of November
Win 5 Naval battles with an activity of 50% or higher to get the Ya-5M soviet Motor gun boat!
Participate in one battle with an activity of 50% or higher in any game mode to get the unique "War Thunder 6 Years" decal ."
https://warthunder.com/en/news/5852-special-news-war-thunder-s-birthday-discounts-and-gifts-en
What the hell is an activity?

P.S. You love tanks so much you want an artificial environment with no supporting infantry or other ground assets?

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on October 27, 2018, 05:25:30 AM
Win 5 Naval battles with an activity of 50% or higher to get the Ya-5M soviet Motor gun boat!
Participate in one battle with an activity of 50% or higher in any game mode to get the unique "War Thunder 6 Years" decal ."
https://warthunder.com/en/news/5852-special-news-war-thunder-s-birthday-discounts-and-gifts-en

P.S. You love tanks so much you want an artificial environment with no supporting infantry or other ground assets?

50% of the time you are alive and fighting the battle.  Not rage quitting in the middle.  Or dying too early, I guess.  Activity stats are shown in the end.

MengJiao

My tuna Boat in Norway or Africa:

MengJiao

Somebody's P-36C in Norway:

Destraex

Quote from: jomni on October 27, 2018, 06:32:46 AM
Quote from: Destraex on October 27, 2018, 05:25:30 AM

50% of the time you are alive and fighting the battle.  Not rage quitting in the middle.  Or dying too early, I guess.  Activity stats are shown in the end.

I shall look for the activity stats then :)
80% of the time I am probably dead already :)

MengJiao

Tuna boat in Ireland or Norway:

Destraex

I always like a good docu-drama. This one was made in 1945 and is about a British motor torpedo boat crew. Very propaganda-ish and stiffly acted. Which I really don't mind. Such a contrast to hollywood where everybody broods and each individual has personality problems. Also good footage of the boats themselves. I love the deep growl of these engines. The song also has me hooked "well, you'll ne'er get to eaven in an MTB"... The only detractor is that combat looks to have been simulated with models from what I can tell.

MengJiao

Swordfish with a mark xii:

Destraex

Quote from: Destraex on October 31, 2018, 06:33:41 PM
I always like a good docu-drama. This one was made in 1945 and is about a British motor torpedo boat crew. Very propaganda-ish and stiffly acted. Which I really don't mind. Such a contrast to hollywood where everybody broods and each individual has personality problems. Also good footage of the boats themselves. I love the deep growl of these engines. The song also has me hooked "well, you'll ne'er get to eaven in an MTB"... The only detractor is that combat looks to have been simulated with models from what I can tell.

Oh and does anybody know where to find the song in this clip "you'll never get to eaven in an MTB" ?

jomni

jomni

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18