2017 Fantasy Baseball League

Started by bayonetbrant, March 05, 2017, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I understand the limit on transactions.  I would prefer to have an unlimited amount.  It allows any strategy required to keep up with or overtake your opponents.  But, this league is for fun and bragging rights.  I'd certainly like to see the amount from last year doubled.  Even made 100.  80 allows for ~ 2 transactions a week.  Keeps down the milling of pitchers but allows enough flexibility to adjust to a hot hitter or make up for injury losses. 

What do you think about your availability for a live draft?  I'd really like as many of us there as possible.  I find it engages me more when I have an egotistical stake in my finish.  ;)  Can't blame the computer if I gooched the roster.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Changed some things this morning.  Deleted Bison's team.  If there was a way around it, I would not have.  It feels like sacrilege.  But if I had kept it, I would have to manage it.  I also changed moves from 40 to 100.  Bumped Minimum Innings Pitched from 20 to 25, still possible it will be 30.  Added two Bench spots.  Lifted the weekly transaction limit of 4.  Got two new teams in, a father-son duo that are my friends.  Have another fella who may be joining us, too.  Going to need some more folks to pop in and confirm their participation as well as what day/time is good for them between 3/24 and 3/26 to live draft.  Confirmations so far are:

Me
Brant
AB
KyzBP
OJsDad
Rob (my friend)
Christopher (my friend's son)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Watch it, buddy.  You'll be sleeping on the streets of Columbus this June if you don't straighten up!  :knuppel2:

bayonetbrant

I checked with Stephen and Brian to see if there back in. They aren't normally on the forums

Did you check with GJK?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I'll pm him later this evening/tomorrow.  Let me know on your friends.  Big Papi and me have some epic battles.  Which he usually wins.

Hot lead and dirty talk!

I am in.

I would prefer the draft be 26 MAR 17 in the evening.
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

MetalDog

MetalDog

Alright, gents.  From the info I've gotten, it appears that Sunday the 26th is going to be the winner on the draft.  I need afternoon rather than evening.  Please everyone that is interested in the outcome, let me know if that will work.  I am in CST.

As for changes, if you have any input on that, please sound off now.  Most things I can only change pre-draft.

bayonetbrant

I will try, but cannot promise.  It depends on Bayonet Jr's soccer schedule.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

KyzBP

MetalDog

As of today, there are 11 teams.  I have deleted Bison and UCG to make room for incoming players, but now we have an odd number.  Anyone have a spare, baseball loving, friend that they can corral?

Another call for objections on Sunday the 26th late afternoon/early evening CST?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on March 19, 2017, 11:17:12 AMAnyone have a spare, baseball loving, friend that they can corral?

Lemme check

Do you have both Stephen & Brian (off-site) back in the league?

MetalDog

I am assuming that Stephen is Big Papi.  I don't suss any info on Brian in the Managers tab at the home page.  I recognize everyone for sure except Lady Red Devils.  I figure that is OJsDad.  So, if Brian isn't in and wants in, tell him to come on.  That'll make 12.