Main Menu

Rule the Waves 2

Started by solops, June 05, 2018, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

The Rule the Waves 2 boards are open. Developer notes are to be posted there.

http://nws-online.proboards.com/board/27/rule-waves-2
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

Ooops...
Those brain cells must have gotten in front of the sangria last night.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

WallysWorld

Release date is April 25th.

RTW2 release date post

"The price for the game will be $34.99 (US), which was the same price for the original RTW upon its release in 2015. Everyone who has purchased, or purchases, the original RTW game before April 25 will be offered a special price of $29.99 for RTW2."
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

DoctorQuest

I am on the fence with this one. I was really hoping for a "Steam and Iron II" as well. RTW is just not in my wheelhouse in regards to scope. I just don't enjoy RTW 1 as much as I do "Steam and Iron".

I will wait and see. Never say never.... :)
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Grim.Reaper

solops

Yeah, I was all enthused about a bigger, better RTW2, but I am not sure I like some of the proposed changes, particularly aircraft.

MengJiao

Quote from: WallysWorld on March 15, 2019, 04:27:26 PM
Release date is April 25th.

RTW2 release date post

"The price for the game will be $34.99 (US), which was the same price for the original RTW upon its release in 2015. Everyone who has purchased, or purchases, the original RTW game before April 25 will be offered a special price of $29.99 for RTW2."

I'm sure I'll get this eventually.

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Grim.Reaper

Maybe a different distribution process for this release?  Either way is fine with me, the small group out of there has always gotten me my stuff very quickly.

http://nws-online.proboards.com/thread/1882/pre-order

DennisS

This looks terrific! Scratch ALL the BB's and BC's, and build only DD's, subs, and Carriers. Lot's of carriers. Pump all the money you have into torpedo development.

Grim.Reaper

Saw this today at the official board....I hope this doesn't mean they are considering overly restrictive DRM like Battefront and other schemes......although my buying decision won't solely be based on the DRM, it certainly may be a factor depending on what it turns out to be.

"Security for RTW2 will be increased over RTW1 (unfortunately due to significant pirating of RTW1) so you will only be able to play the game on a single PC at a time as the situation stands right now..."

DoctorQuest

It would be interesting to know how they tracked the RTW1 pirating.

I'm not saying they don't have justification. I'm curious to see what direction they go with DRM.

I'm waiting for Steam and Iron 2. (I may be waiting a long time)
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bobarossa

Very surprised by the pirating of RTW1.  This game doesn't have a very wide appeal (just groggy naval freaks).  I've always felt we're not likely to pirate games unlike the twitch crowd. In any case, I doubt the pirates would have purchased the game if they hadn't been able to steal it.  Don't recall my firewall ever complaining about RTW1 trying to access internet.

Grim.Reaper

Yep, hard to believe it was a game in high demand for piracy....I respect the right to protect rights of the company, but in such a small market hope they don't go extreme here....if they are restricting to a PC, at the very minimum its a case where you have to give them some info on your PC where they activate it and at worst something like Battelfront.  Either way, has to be something based on your PC.