NAVAL ACTION calling for modern BB experts.

Started by Destraex, October 03, 2017, 05:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on June 22, 2018, 11:59:55 PM
co-incidentally I tried this again last night with a mate and the UI and map look great although are not finished still from the linux interface look of a lot of things still.
Enjoyed the game immensly as I had not played for a while. Considering the ship DLC just so that I do not have to grind so much.

Well, the Hercules is a fine ship:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on June 23, 2018, 10:18:41 PM
co-incidentally I tried this again last night with a mate and the UI and map look great although are not finished still from the linux interface look of a lot of things still.
Enjoyed the game immensly as I had not played for a while. Considering the ship DLC just so that I do not have to grind so much.

Another view of the Hercules:

Destraex

I have been doing the tutorials and now exams in naval action.
I am finding the endurance exam especially, to be an education.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on June 27, 2018, 07:00:37 PM
I have been doing the tutorials and now exams in naval action.
I am finding the endurance exam especially, to be an education.

I learned a lot from the tutorials!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on June 27, 2018, 06:09:43 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on June 23, 2018, 10:18:41 PM

Another view of the Hercules:

Surprise going over 13 knots:

mikeck

They are beautifully modeled ships. I love the lines of the Essex, Renommee and Endymion. When I'm sailing them I love moving the camera around and just appreciating how beautiful those ships must have been
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Destraex

just passed my last standard exam... but have not done the final exam yet.
Got a rattlesnake as reward, pressed claim and it has not appeared anywhere... great.

MengJiao

Quote from: mikeck on June 29, 2018, 10:32:12 PM
They are beautifully modeled ships. I love the lines of the Essex, Renommee and Endymion. When I'm sailing them I love moving the camera around and just appreciating how beautiful those ships must have been

And they all sail pretty differently, with very different ways that work for them in action.  For example, sailing the Surprise with the crew at 90%, it is hard to change speeds, but once you get going, she turns so fast with the wind that wearing is the way to go even in a tight battle.  The Hercules is a lot slower, but with its smaller crew at 100% -- much handier and I usually tack even in tight spots.

mikeck

Quote from: Destraex on June 29, 2018, 10:52:49 PM
just passed my last standard exam... but have not done the final exam yet.
Got a rattlesnake as reward, pressed claim and it has not appeared anywhere... great.

Have you checked the "redeemable" drop down on the top of the screen when you're in a port where you have docks? Should be there. That's where you claim DLC ships or those given by the devs
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Destraex

I have. It is not there. I also waited for the server reset to happen that night. Not their.
Does not bug me much really.