1830 via Rails

Started by rstites25, October 04, 2016, 08:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egg_salad

Woodall:

If that private comes up for auction and you are the only bidder, yes, you win it automatically.

I put a bid on the D&H.

L'amour is up.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

l'amour

Has the Schuylkill Valley been bought yet? Is it on offer? If so I'll have it!

Woodall

It is still open, so you should be able to purchase for $15 (1 stock round rolled past which reduces by 5), if I'm not mistaken. This would then force Chris to purchase C&StL for $45 and trigger a bid for the D&H.

Chris and Mike have offers on the D&H, with Chris initially at $75, then Mike at $80. So I believe it would be Chris' option to bid $85 unless he wants to give it to Mike for $80. That's how I'm reading the rules anyway, Rex can correct me if I'm off here.

P.S. I don't know how to get Rails to devalue the SVNRR to $15 for L'amour.

rstites25

Quote from: jwoodall04 on October 13, 2016, 10:15:09 PM
It is still open, so you should be able to purchase for $15 (1 stock round rolled past which reduces by 5), if I'm not mistaken. This would then force Chris to purchase C&StL for $45 and trigger a bid for the D&H.

Chris and Mike have offers on the D&H, with Chris initially at $75, then Mike at $80. So I believe it would be Chris' option to bid $85 unless he wants to give it to Mike for $80. That's how I'm reading the rules anyway, Rex can correct me if I'm off here.

P.S. I don't know how to get Rails to devalue the SVNRR to $15 for L'amour.

The stock round has not actually ended. A stock round ends when everyone passes consecutively. A stock round is followed by an operating round (or 2 or 3 depending on the phase). This will make sense more, once we get past the initial private auctions, which is a bit funky.

To compare it to B&O, the stock round is the entirety of players making multiple buy/sell stock decisions. Each player can have multiple turns in a single stock round.

It would be very unexpected if we actually made it through a stock round without all the privates being sold/auctioned.

So l'amour will have to pay $20 if he wants the SVNRR. Rails should handle the unlikely event that everyone does pass before the SVNRR is sold and automatically mark its price down.

Woodall

So everything is the same except he'll need to pay $20, then we have the Chris/Mike auction, correct?

l'amour

In Rails I selected the company and it gave the option to buy (and nothing else). It looks like this:

So I get the first company, Chris gets C&StL, then Mike and Chris have a fight for the next one. All good? I'm finding this initial stock round a bit opaque. I played 1889, which has a similar (identical?) opening round and it sort of made sense in person. Online and on Rails I'm finding it harder to get my hear around. Ah well.

Anyway, I've saved it attached it.

rstites25

After Chris/Mike resolve the D&H, Mike and I will resolve the M&H, and then Woodall,l'amour and I will resolve the C&A. Then Woodall will have the first option to buy the B&O, followed by me, etc. until someone buys it. If everyone passed, we'd go to an operating round, the privates that have sold would pay out, and then back to another stock round. Rinse and repeat until someone buys the B&O (I expect that someone will before we ever get to an operating round).

binkman

I passed, and so Mike bought D&H. Rex is up to fight it out with Mike for M&H.

rstites25

I bumped the bid to $125. Mike is up.

egg_salad

Bid $130 for M&H.  Back to you, Rex.

rstites25

I'll bid $135.

I think it will be easier to do a single logfile when the bidding is over. So no file for the moment.

egg_salad

I'll pass .. it's yours.

Woodall

rstites25

Quote from: jwoodall04 on October 20, 2016, 06:45:55 PM
$215 for C&A!
Sorry. I meant to post a logfile, but forgot all about it.

I thought it would be Woodall's bid too, since he has low bid. But it's actually l'amour's because my bid is high, and he the next person in turn order. So he has the option to bid $215, then Woodall, then me, etc.

Woodall