Everybody wants to rule the FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 30, 2018, 07:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

^ Hey thanks for the book recommendation.  My library has the first three so I just grabbed the first one on my Kindle!

Gaming:  I got the HOTAS set up and started banging around in BoX.  It is definitely a very pretty game.  I'm still sorting out the controls on the HOTAS, but I think I've got the basics covered, the TrackIR set back up and working, etc.

Now that I got the gear installed, I'll likely do some WoFF as well.

And something submarine-related is almost a certainty; Cold Waters or Silent Hunter 4.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jamus34

Well I got some Heroes of the Storm and SW Battlefront 2 in today.

Supposed to rain here most of the weekend so besides painting minis I'm hoping to get some time into Witcher 3 and a Paradox title.
Insert witty comment here.

nelmsm

PBEM games and continue on the EUIV campaign I started as the Ottamans

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 30, 2018, 04:57:29 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on November 30, 2018, 04:29:02 PM
Battlefield V which actually is not a bad game at all.

How is single player? Worth the price of admission?

Do NOT but it for SP at full price. Content is severely limited.
As always BF should be regarded as a mainly MP game. If thats not your draw then save your money and frustration.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 30, 2018, 04:57:29 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on November 30, 2018, 04:29:02 PM
Battlefield V which actually is not a bad game at all.

How is single player? Worth the price of admission?

Definitely not.  Single player is good as there are a collection of 6 or 8 mini stories you play IIRC.  I've only played one of them.  Took me a little over an hour to finish that one story.  But to pay $60 just for single player is not worth it. 

Multiplayer however is pretty fun.  Especially Domination and Conquest modes. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!

Am out of town but I've had a ton of time in with Rising Storm 2 this past week.  Finally getting to where I can do reasonably well in my K/D ratio and knowing the regular maps.  Hope they get custom maps up and going soon, though, as I can only fight over Cu Chi for so long before I'm spent ( ;)).

Enjoy the time, folks!

IICptMillerII

Love the song! Brings back many fond memories for me, some of which include the fantastic World in Conflict, a game I've been trying to re-create in simulators ever since I first played it.

I originally had plans to travel this weekend but they ended up falling through so now I find myself with a decent chunk of free time that needs filling. This past week I've been fooling around with Panzer Campaigns: Salerno making a custom version of Operation Avalanche. I changed the date to October 10 and beefed up both the Allies and the Germans a bit, while completely removing all trace Italian forces. The operation starts at 0200 with an airborne drop conducted by the 11th Airborne Division, followed by the beach landings in the morning by US and British forces. Then later in the afternoon there is a glider operation that lands glider infantry, also from the 11th AB. I'll likely use the operation as a backdrop for a few scenario's I'll put together in Combat Mission: Fortress Italy. Certainly not a serious project, as it'll likely end up on the sidelines pretty quickly, though it's fun in the meantime.

The John Tiller Panzer Campaigns are great. The order of battle editor and the large maps are worth the price of admission alone in my opinion. Lot's of fun to be had with them.

I'm also planning on starting the book A Time For Trumpets this weekend. I figured it would be fun to read a history of the Battle of the Bulge during the month of the actual battle (well the first half of the battle at least) as well as playing various games that cover the battle alongside. At the least I want to play through the excellent US campaign in Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg which covers Abram's drive to Bastogne. Hoping for some snowfall to add to the aesthetic as well.

Lastly I'll likely dabble in some Post Scriptum. I picked it up recently and am enjoying it a lot, to my own surprise.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: IICptMillerII on December 01, 2018, 03:50:02 PM
World in Conflict

Is that the game whose collector's edition included a piece of the Berlin Wall?  And also a headset if I recall correctly!

Toonces

I forgot to pick up Post Scriptum while it was on sale.  I gotta get that one during the Xmas sale I think.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Ugh. My internet is down. Why can't this happen when I'm at work?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 02, 2018, 12:42:12 PM
Ugh. My internet is down. Why can't this happen when I'm at work?

Gah!  I'm totally lost without an internet connection.  You have my sympathies.