Swords_and_Sorcery__Underworld__Definitive_Edition is this a worthy RPG>?

Started by gameleaper, July 17, 2017, 11:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: gameleaper on July 17, 2017, 03:02:11 PM
the quest looks realy the kind of game I'm looking for , so I have 3 choices now thx guys

:bd:

I've played a few hours of The Quest, and definitely plan to continue sometime.

I believe it's a somewhat older game which got a graphics overhaul and additional content added.  May have been a simpler tablet game which got a big overhaul for the Steam PC version IIRC. 

Didn't even realize there's a newer DLC expansion, for higher levels, too.   The whole package is on sale for 21% off right now (~$8)

gameleaper

I bought M&M6, & S&S then I was on my way to buy the quest, and tried out S&S and its really interesting, I just went into an combat arena , I rested in a town and got slaughtered in my sleep, I have to say my search is worth it.

there is also a lot of options you can do in combat, its really good if you like turn based

gameleaper

Ive only played S&S a little to compare, but what strck me was the doors all work, compared to the classic looking ones that are just there for show(M&M6 doors don't all work), I like it so far.

Nefaro

Heads Up:

Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar comes out on Tuesday.

Looks VERY old school M&M5-6 and Wizardry style.   :coolsmiley:    Says ~600 hours of gameplay.  :o 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/

Blucher

Yeah Grimoire has been on the verge of being released by the cracker jack programmer Cleveland Mark Blakemore for the past 20 years. I am sure he really really
means to release it this time  :DD

Nefaro

Quote from: Blucher on July 28, 2017, 02:31:23 PM
Yeah Grimoire has been on the verge of being released by the cracker jack programmer Cleveland Mark Blakemore for the past 20 years. I am sure he really really
means to release it this time  :DD

Better late than  ;D

gameleaper

Nefaro

The problem I often see, regarding games which have been in an exceptionally long start & stop dev process, is that they tend to get priced rather high.  As if many years of procrastination has made it more valuable. 

Yet they often end up having many limitations left over from such drawn out development, such as running at a fixed 800x600 resolution that must be fuggily stretched to fill screens & not look like you're trying to read ant hairs.  Old and clumsy UI styles, etc.  Some of that can be charming or nostalgic, but only to a certain degree.

I dunno.. maybe it will be worth $40-$50 at release.  But nowadays ANYTHING with such a price point goes on the "wait & see" list, and often on the longer bargain bin list if gameplay vids don't make me insta-moist.  I have high hopes, but gotta feeling it may be priced like another Age Of Decadence out of the chute.  ???

gameleaper

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 01, 2017, 03:25:06 PM
Never heard of this before, but it looks quite interesting!

It should get it's own thread soon.  Just fit into this one's sub-genre, and I didn't know much about it until recently, so I temporarily plugged it in here.

EDIT:  Was going to check whether it was out, and some early impressions, but I can't log into Steam right now.   :knuppel2:

gameleaper

well it seems its still unavailable for me

Nefaro

Quote from: gameleaper on August 02, 2017, 02:44:59 AM
Coming soon
This item is not yet available.

Dev said it's been submitted to Steam, awaiting their test/approval.  Which is normally a few days (Steam officially says 3-5)

Rayfer

Quote from: gameleaper on August 02, 2017, 02:44:59 AM
Coming soon
This item is not yet available.

I checked yesterday afternoon, USA eastern time zone, and it said it would be available in 2 hours.  This morning it says "coming soon, not yet available".

Blucher

No surprise here Cleve has missed another release date. I am sure the next one will be final  :DD