Main Menu

Bomber Crew

Started by Jarhead0331, August 22, 2017, 02:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Did the game have floating power-ups before?  I know it's cartoons.  But it just makes the game less realistic.

Tuna

That kind of stinks, did the bombs re-load because he hit a powerup? I mean part of the fun/challenge is making do with what you have!.. I got a lot of fun playing time in with that game, so no complaints with the previous version!

jomni

Quote from: Tuna on October 23, 2018, 07:49:34 AM
That kind of stinks, did the bombs re-load because he hit a powerup? I mean part of the fun/challenge is making do with what you have!.. I got a lot of fun playing time in with that game, so no complaints with the previous version!

Yes.  That's how I remembered it.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think those power-ups are there because of the mode he was playing.  Hopefully they aren't present in the campaign.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've got three missions in and haven't seen any power-ups in the campaign. 

jomni

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 23, 2018, 12:57:29 PM
I've got three missions in and haven't seen any power-ups in the campaign.

You may be right.  I kinda think he's playing some sort of survival mode.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Finished the first campaign.  There are no pop-ups.   It's pretty much the same system as it was in the original game.

DennisS

I bought this, played for less than two hours, refunded. I wanted a strategy game, not a click fest. Not much enjoyment for me...way too tough, very odd design choices, and this just sucked the enjoyment of the genre right out of the game.

I note that it has already been deeply discounted...and I may consider a purchase if it ever becomes turn based, or even pauseable real time.

Huw the Poo

No offence buddy but you need to do more research before you click buy.  A few seconds' viewing on Youtube would have given you that information.

FarAway Sooner

Does the game let you decide, if you want to go potty over Germany, where to do it?  That's the level of realism I want!

It's funny how nobody ever talks about the tons of "yellow hail" that got scattered over Germany in the last 18 months of the war.  I know it was a topic of some amusement to various Allied bomber crews (who often needed all the cheer they could get).

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Exterior repair of damage should be more immersive!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

I've read that sales have taken a dive indicating the game has bombed. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

A friend gifted me a copy of Space Crew.  It's not really grabbing me like Bomber Crew did.  I guess it's because it feels more like a reskin than a new game so there's less sense of discovery.  Also, no Lancasters so that's a big minus.

JasonPratt

On a totally different game news regarding bombers: the Wellington was just added to Plane Mechanic Simulator, or will be shortly. Those devs have been on a roll! I'm very proud for them!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!