Vanguard: Normandy 1944

Started by MengJiao, September 06, 2018, 07:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Heh 'Aimbot' is a great nickname.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Quote from: IronX on September 06, 2018, 08:36:07 AM
Good, albeit lengthy, overview:

Those scenes remind me of Brothers in Arms

JasonPratt

Quote from: Con on September 06, 2018, 03:35:17 PM
Is this video from the jasonpratt school of reviews?

BAH! -- NOT EVEN 14 MINUTES! I HAVE DERISION!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 06, 2018, 12:28:30 PM
Yes, but you'll be begging other people so....

Speaking of begging other people, here is the Grand tactical map that covers where the scenarios mentioned in Vanguard would be:

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Gusington on September 06, 2018, 05:44:40 PM
Heh 'Aimbot' is a great nickname.

"Our aim is to keep this bathroom clean. Your aimbot will help."
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Is there such a thing as a 'Beer-Bot' or maybe 'Bar-Bot'? Cause that would be very helpful to me when I'm in the pool. I'm afraid the cat just won't cooperate and the dogs will drink half of it before it gets to me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Geezer on September 06, 2018, 11:04:37 AM
The problem with all these MP shooters is the bottom dwellers who use aimbot and such.  They ruin the games for me anyway.
"All" MP shooters are hacked? You have evidence for this? The reason I ask is that two people in this thread already have cited your assertion as a reason for them not to try MP and I would hope that people are not making such decisions based on false info...

Gusington

I choose not to play MP because most of the time...99%...adolescent idiots ruin the game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Quote from: Father Ted on September 07, 2018, 07:07:38 PM
"All" MP shooters are hacked? You have evidence for this?...

Do I have evidence that every single MP shooter ever made has hackers?  Nope.  And I don't really think anyone, except you I guess, took my comment that literally.  However between aimbots, ESP, wallhacks, etc, I would not be surprised if "many but maybe not all" MP shooters have hackers in them.  And no I don't have any evidence on how many hackers either, but I've seen enough to know the hackers ruin those games for me.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Geezer on September 07, 2018, 07:52:06 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on September 07, 2018, 07:07:38 PM
"All" MP shooters are hacked? You have evidence for this?...

Do I have evidence that every single MP shooter ever made has hackers?  Nope.  And I don't really think anyone, except you I guess, took my comment that literally.  However between aimbots, ESP, wallhacks, etc, I would not be surprised if "many but maybe not all" MP shooters have hackers in them.  And no I don't have any evidence on how many hackers either, but I've seen enough to know the hackers ruin those games for me.

The current crop of WWII shooters and their close relation -- Squad -- ( ie the current crop Post-scriptum, Vanguard and Hell-warmed-over) seem to be a little different for some reasons or other (not exactly sure what -- better anti-cheat?, different population?  Lack of popularity?  Other games to play? weapons and situations that take some thought?  More communication?).  I haven't seen any cheating of any kind in post scriptum and only a little bit of team killing and even the team-killing wasn't very disruptive since word went out "If you see UpsidedownMousilini just kill him."  Team killing at its worst had much less impact than a well-placed mortar barrage...so pure firepower wielded by the commanders in-game could be why the games work differently these days...It's kind of pointless to hack when a few chain-of-command mouse clicks can do 1000 times more damage than any amount of hacking.

DoctorQuest

I have enough reasons to stay away from MP beyond any accusations of hacking. My gaming time is limited and SP just suits my schedule better.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Geezer

Quote from: MengJiao on September 07, 2018, 09:03:11 PM

...I haven't seen any cheating of any kind in post scriptum ....

I don't want to derail this thread into a rant on hacking and I'm not playing Vanguard so I'll just leave it with this link:

Post Scriptum hacker footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGXEzg-uQyI&t=79s
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw