Age of Steam-Ireland

Started by rstites25, June 12, 2017, 08:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egg_salad

Quote from: rstites25 on June 19, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
Quote from: egg_salad on June 19, 2017, 08:09:47 AM
Quote from: rstites25 on June 16, 2017, 01:25:04 PM
How about we using Yucata instead of Boardgame Arena? You can't undo inadvertent plays in Boardgame Arena, but you can in Yucata (I think. I've just played some Pax Por there, and you can undo anything before you gain new information. I assume the Polis module would be the same).

I am egg_salad on both now, I think.

I glanced at the rules.  So I am ready as I will ever be.

I created a game and sent an invitation on Yucata.

Ok, apparently I will need to figure out how to use the interface.

Please stand by.

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

egg_salad

Oi, I am thinking my strategy was ill considered given this #$#! map.

Woodall for is up for move, I think.

Woodall

The message body was left empty.

rstites25

l'amour

My  laptop has had to go to computer hospital for a new hard drive, so I'll have to wait until the weekend before I can catch up with this. Sorry for the delay.

Rex - that goes for HIS & civ war too!

egg_salad

FYI, next week (and the week after) I will be traveling, and I am strongly considering bringing no laptop!  So all my games might go on hiatus for a bit.

rstites25

The Yucata interface isn't as pretty as Boardgamearena, but it's functionality is much better. If you want to give it another go Woodall, I'd be up for playing again.

Woodall

I'm in North Dakota and Colorado next week anyway. For that matter, I'm leaving for Austin tomorrow. Sounds like we're all a bit jumbled. No worries! :)

Woodall

Quote from: rstites25 on June 21, 2017, 06:48:51 PM
The Yucata interface isn't as pretty as Boardgamearena, but it's functionality is much better. If you want to give it another go Woodall, I'd be up for playing again.

I think I'm done with Polis, but I wouldn't mind playing something else. Probably best to start in July.

rstites25

Quote from: Woodall on June 21, 2017, 07:49:54 PM
I'm in North Dakota and Colorado next week anyway. For that matter, I'm leaving for Austin tomorrow. Sounds like we're all a bit jumbled. No worries! :)

I thought that might be the case, but I thought I'd throw it out there since the last game ended abruptly.

Woodall

I really wanted to like it but there are some thing about it that really bother me. The bones are good though, it'd be nice if someone took some time for more development with that type of system. I also had many games going at once both online and face to face, so probably just kind of burned out on it. Mainly I'd just be thinking about Hannibal while playing it and wondering why I wasn't playing that instead.

rstites25

The economic-game aspect combined with the military is interesting, but it combines them in a constrained, euro-esque way. As a result, the game is a lot of figuring out what to do when for maximum effectiveness. I don't like that sort of planning so it seems like the economic and military aspects that I am interested in are far off in the background.

Woodall

Agreed. And I think there is too much punishment when taking risk. Closes the game more than necessary.

rstites25

rstites25

Ok, I'm confused. Do you know why our Polis game ended Mike?