Main Menu

FRIDAY Getaway

Started by Tripoli, November 29, 2019, 07:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

BoC work, a bit of Civil War II and some Command Modern Ops.  All while recovering from turkey overload.. :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

MetalDog

^That is a load of fun to play on Rock Band!

I've got 3 Field of Glory:Empire games going.  The first is with some of our compadres here at Grogs.  I am Belgae and it is still early.  I have a +++ leader, but my expansion is being checked by no gold or manpower income and the Aedui.

The second is also with some fellow Grogs, but it is three of us as opposed to six in the first game.  I am Arverni.  I hold the exact borders of 3 provinces minus Massalia (on the southern coast of what will one day be France).  I'm not exactly sure how I've done it, but, I have almost a 2.5:1 ratio of Culture over Decadence, which puts me 3rd out ~70 countries.  But Rome is right next door, and if I don't find a direction to expand, I will be hemmed in and useless to my allies.

The third game is solo.  Again I am Arverni.  This time I have horrible Decadence issues, but quite a bit of territory.  I own all of France, again minus the SE corner around Massalia.  I have most of Belgium and I am making inroads into the western middle of Germany and control the southern shore of England.  There, I am stalemated.  The native Celt armies are large and vicious and I have yet to build the reinforcements I will need to take the rest of the Isles.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GroggyGrognard

I plan on playing WarPlan this weekend. For mindless, beer drinking fun, some CoD Modern Warfare. Looking forward to the new seasonal content next week.

And maybe a game of Wingspan with the girlfriend.

Enjoy the weekend, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Dammit Carl!

All Division all de time - unless I weaken and get GR: Breakpoint at which point I'll get all shooty with that one. :smitten:

Otherwise...?

al_infierno

I'm mostly jumping between Age of Wonders: Planetfall and Civilization VI right now -- two games I picked up on sale to scratch the 4X itch that I've suddenly come down with!

Otherwise I might jump back on some Unity of Command 2 or WarPlan.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 29, 2019, 12:44:41 PM
All Division all de time - unless I weaken and get GR: Breakpoint at which point I'll get all shooty with that one. :smitten:

Otherwise...?

My gaming group just had to abandon our playthrough of The Division 2 because it kept lagging for one of us.  Breakpoint is a little rough around the edges but is overall a fantastic time.  You'll have a lot of fun clearing out bases with nothing but your marksman rifle and sync shot drones for company. ;)

We're playing the ridiculously fun Deep Rock Galactic tonight!  Can't wait for that.  Maybe some Helldivers and always some of the ever-evolving and always fantastic Tower Unite.  Also, for some reason I find myself playing Wargame: Red Dragon again.

Gusington

After removing about 1 billion tons of leaves from around my forested manse, I hope to get some more time in with Age of Empires 2 and then some Ancestor's Legacy + Kingdom Come: Deliverance...in between family outings and visits. Snowstorm (1st of the season) coming on Sunday and Monday. If power does not go out, that will allow more gaming.

Also dueling with my Steam wishlist. I've spent about 19 dollah so far and want to keep the total to below 50.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

CMRT's user-made Campaign: The Road to Minsk, a real brawl against the German 78th Sturm Division.  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Command Modern Operations.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Huw the Poo

My gaming group just had to abandon our playthrough of The Division 2 because it kept lagging for one of us.

Yeah.  If I had hair to pull out, I would've done it already owing to trying to find the sweet spot in the settings that lets me run this thing.  I swear I didn't have these problems doing the Div 2 Beta test but I also recognize that I need to beef up  my rig too.

Huw the Poo

There's nothing worse than having a PC that smashes the requirements for a game, only for it to run like shit for no fathomable reason.  I just installed My Time at Portia which stutters like hell on my fairly beefy system, yet I can run Ghost Recon: Breakpoint with ultra settings and have no problem at all.  :uglystupid2:

Destraex

Battlefront II (got it for $10 off origin and so did 2 other mates)
Steel Division 2
Battletech - Now that I have all the DLC. However the campaign is finished and 99% of the planets only offer top tier missions. Which makes it hard to experiment with new pilots or lighter mechs.
Naval Action - A lot happening on that front atm. 6 new ships announced and new wood etc
Star Citizen - Yes. I need to try it a little more. A mate said to me last night the game was lagging when he was on planet (this is another friend who built a PC for star citizen). I still have to watch the latest citizencon.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on November 30, 2019, 08:55:56 PM
Battletech - Now that I have all the DLC. However the campaign is finished and 99% of the planets only offer top tier missions. Which makes it hard to experiment with new pilots or lighter mechs.

Roguetech, dude.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Moreb

Mius Front. Although I just exited a battle I had been playing to run MSI and when I reopened, the game is stuck and unresponsive. Had to alt out. It was a long, boring defense against overwhelming initial probes and I loathe to play it out again. I knew this was a sometimes bug, but I exited anyways. Sheesh.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 30, 2019, 09:12:45 PM
Quote from: Destraex on November 30, 2019, 08:55:56 PM

Roguetech, dude.
I might try that mod in future, keen to play the way the devs intended for now. But for now I think this may do the trick. From the forums:

Simgameconstants.json

Under the "Story" section change "ContractDifficultyVariance"

1 = half skull I believe. This will not wreck your game and can be changed mid-save.

might need to edit these too in order to get missions as normally at loathed you get none iirc

"LoathedMaxContractDifficulty" : 2,
"HatedMaxContractDifficulty" : 3,
"DislikedMaxContractDifficulty" : 4,
"IndifferentMaxContractDifficulty" : 6,
"LikedMaxContractDifficulty" : 8,
"FriendlyMaxContractDifficulty" : 9,
"HonoredMaxContractDifficulty" : 10,

I tweaked them to allow for 1 skull at loathed rep. And then you can see the increase from there.

mys settings , the key ones

"ContractDifficultyVariance" : 10,

"MaxContractsPerSystem" : 18,
"ContractRenewalPerWeek" : 0.5,
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"