Gusington's Dream Game?

Started by Jarhead0331, August 27, 2020, 01:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ComradeP

Looks nice. The combat seems similar to Fantasy General 2, except with cards and objects/tiles that impose limitations on movement.

I do wonder if a Total War-style campaign combines well with turn-based combat.

As your units actually get weaker in Total War (or other strategy games with units that carry over) because units are composed of individual men that can die, you can't simply keep pushing but have to rest from time to time. If those health bars in that video mean what I think they mean, you can take an X amount of losses without them becoming permanent. Not to mention that you have single entity units/heroes.

If you can, say, hold the line with heroes and buffed melee units whilst ranged units take down everything the enemy throws at you, even basic units can win fights way above their weight class.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Gusington

Was going to pull the trigger but watched the videos first and I just do not like the combat. The world seems a bit generic too. For 10 or 15 dollah I would take the plunge but for twice that, I will wait. Does not feel like a 30 or 40 dollah game to me. If reviews are good I'll reconsider.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: MetalDog on August 27, 2020, 05:14:11 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 27, 2020, 03:33:54 PM
*sad glitter vampire noises*

:DD

When I first read the thread title, my first reply was, "It has to be something he can play without pants."  I was wrong.

Technically, Dog, Gus CAN play any game without pants. 

I think it's more a question of whether he HAS TO...   :wow:

Gusington

Get your laws out of my pants.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.