Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

bob48

...I dare not ask.........................
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bob48 on June 21, 2017, 12:24:43 PM
...I dare not ask.........................

Assuming you make it one of these years, you need to being the booth crew a matching set of those bearskin hats worn by the Coldstream Guards.  We might look silly as all hell in them, but you'll be able to see us anywhere in the main gaming hall
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

..and risk passing out due to the heat.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Inside the convention center was quite comfortable, good AC. Outside was rather warm.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: BC on June 21, 2017, 11:18:23 AM
Thanks, all.

Do NOT believe their numbers. I guarantee you they didn't include the cost of all the stuff you HAVE to buy there.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on June 21, 2017, 02:26:45 PM
Quote from: BC on June 21, 2017, 11:18:23 AM
Thanks, all.

Do NOT believe their numbers. I guarantee you they didn't include the cost of all the stuff you HAVE to buy there.  :P

I limited myself to 2 games.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on June 21, 2017, 02:26:45 PMDo NOT believe their numbers. I guarantee you they didn't include the cost of all the stuff you HAVE to buy there.  :P

Quote from: mirth on June 21, 2017, 02:29:16 PMI limited myself to 2 games.
And thereby failed to fulfill bbmike's point
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

No haul will ever beat the one I had in...well, I don't remember if it was '05, '06, or '07, but I must have gone home with 30+ games.

mirth

Quote from: BC on June 21, 2017, 05:46:59 PM
No haul will ever beat the one I had in...well, I don't remember if it was '05, '06, or '07, but I must have gone home with 30+ games.

I know of it least one guy this year who may have rivaled that haul.

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 21, 2017, 07:41:38 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 21, 2017, 06:58:33 AM
Any of the rest of you that went get sick? I feel like a bag crap this morning, scratchy throat, runny nose, run down.  :buck2:

At every convention, I keep a bottle of Airborne gummies in the bag. I chew between five and eight of them everyday, and I haven't gotten sick at a convention since I started doing that. Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it does really work

Airborne Gummies? Para Gummies? There's a potential new wargame web comic in that somehow. "Paging BC's Photoshop skillz... paging BC's Photoshop skillz..."
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BC on June 21, 2017, 05:46:59 PM

this was my epic GenCon '07 loot

there's about 15 separate games in there, plus magazines, cards, accessories, dice etc.

BanzaiCat

Niiiiice!

Mine included a copy of World of Warcraft: The Boardgame - which I still have, mint and unpunched.