Battle Academy for XBox 360

Started by Barthheart, December 12, 2014, 10:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Grimnirsson

Certainly cool, but too late - I'm not gonna buy it twice, not for this price. What about a 50% discount for those who already bought all the BA games for the PC?  O:-)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

PipFromSlitherine

Bear in mind that the price gets you all the published expansions included (although sadly no MP).  We can't connect Slitherine and XBox accounts (and I imagine we would be prevented from doing so on XBox in the same way as we are on iOS).

I will confess that I have gotten carried away playing the game more on 360 during development than I did on any of the other platforms.

Cheers

Pip

Grimnirsson

QuoteBear in mind that the price gets you all the published expansions included

Bear in mind that I already bought all of them for the PC...buying the same game twice even including the expansions for that price is totally unattractive for me. As I said far too late that this shows up on the 360, as an arcade game for the usual 15€, yup, but 30€ again just for using the game I already own on my HDTV? Nope, sorry.

www.homefrontcenter.de

PipFromSlitherine

Obviously your value call.  I just wanted to make it clear that we couldn't create any kind of discount for existing owners.  If we had put up the entire package for Xbox at $15 then I think we would then have gotten flack from PC owners for undercutting what they paid ;)

Cheers

Pip

Grimnirsson

Quote(although sadly no MP)

I think I skipped that part of your posting...there is no MP on the 360??? I mean I almost entirely play the MP part and it would have been cool to play against other 360 generals...there's only SP?

www.homefrontcenter.de

PipFromSlitherine

The amount of work to meet all the MP requirements for the XBox (even though we aren't strictly an MP title in the usual sense of the word) would have ballooned the project to the point where it just wouldn't happen.  Even then I don't think we would have been allowed cross platform (both for security reasons, and because the XBox is different-endian to all the other platforms which would have been fiddly to work around).  So with all that we had to make to tough call to go with SP only - hence the all in one package to try and take at least some of the sting :(

With hindsight I don't think we would have done the project (it ended up taking a lot longer than anticipated and the TCRs were tough to weave into an existing and complex codebase) but it was something of a pet project for me, and I think the end result works really well to meet any sofa-based TBS needs...

Cheers

Pip