Decades Feeder Bracket - 1972 Championship

Started by MetalDog, June 20, 2017, 02:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I am always a little embarrassed when we get a really low seed this far.  It's like I totally misread the room in my myopia.  But it's great to see.  I think the songs Rocket Man had to beat to get here were really good.  And where there's really good music, we all win.  Have at!  And thanks for voting :)

The 1/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

How did we end up with such crappy finalists?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Tuna

"ooooh and I think it's gonna be a long long time"

BanzaiCat

MetalDog

And the winner is....Rocket Man!  If I had known you guys liked Sir Elton that much I would have put much better songs in the '71 bracket by him.  In any event, I am embarrassed that a 15 has taken the trophy.  I totally botched that one.  But, new brackets are right around the corner and I can try my luck again.  Thank you again for voting.

mirth

And to honor the victor, a tribute from The Shat-man

bbmike

^ Most certainly the better rendition.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

While we're at it, you can never get too much of this classic

bbmike

^That's one of the creepiest things I've even seen.  :hide:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

I figured a well-rounded Trek fan, such as yourself, would have seen that before