Main Menu

Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Putting it on my SSD did make a huge difference to the loading times and to the movement in bases. But still seems to be rubber bandish and slows down in places especially while running at the beginning down the stairs.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16849-Anniversary-Promotion-Free-Fly-Details

To celebrate the release of Hurston, Star Citizen's first explorable planet, and commemorate our anniversary, we're launching a Free Fly event of unprecedented magnitude.
From Nov 23 through Nov 30 you'll have the chance to try out every flyable ship and operable vehicle in the game for free. Here's how it works:
During the promotion, anyone can join Star Citizen's Persistent Universe for free. You'll be able to experience Star Citizen first-hand, but to get out there and start exploring, you're gonna need a ship.
Starting on November 23rd, every day at 8am PST, a different ship manufacturer in the game will make its entire flyable fleet available for a 24-hour test flight period.
There may also be some surprises in store for those of you who make the trek out to Hurston and see what Lorville's all about, as well as some fun interactive activities here on the website, so stay tuned.

Destraex

Yeeah. This will be a good test of their servers if anybody still has the curiosity to do the huge download.

Destraex

OK. This is great. The current build allows you to fly to Hurston and land to go to an expo and rent free ships... for 24hrs. Each day a new manufacturer. I have a tonne of screenshots if anybody wants to see em.

I believe you do not have to have an account to download and try atm?????

Jarhead0331

I thought I was done with buying ships, but that new Arrow looks pretty hot and it's suprisingly cheap...tempted!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Having a great time in the latest build.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on November 26, 2018, 12:39:55 AM
Having a great time in the latest build.

Me too. It's hightime for the naysayers to start eating crow. LoL.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 26, 2018, 04:05:37 AM
Nay

8)

Let us know when you break down and make a pledge. I'll meet you at Port Olisar.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

I'll keep using mass transport for now, thank you.
:D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 26, 2018, 11:07:32 AM
I'll keep using mass transport for now, thank you.
:D

Which you can actually do. There is a train on Hurston and you can hitch a ride on any vessel...some may try to charge UEC, but most kind souls do it for free.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Ok here is something special for DA grog BOYZ.
I uploaded a clip to youtube of me taking off in the Caterpillar, most of the video is me exploring the ship trying to find the cockpit. My first attempt at a little bit of commentary. Not the greatest but I thought it would show you how a chump with a low end PC handles the game. Make sure you turn it up to 1080p.

Jarhead0331

Nice video. The anniversary sale is nice in that it's letting players try out every ship in the game so far for free. Ordinarily, I have no interest flying something like the caterpillar, but for free, I'm happy to check it out.

The log off mechanic from the bed to save your location is still a little bugged. It seems to only be working with certain ships and then it's still hit or miss. Once the system gets ironed out, it will be a nice incentive to have larger ships equipped with a bed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Yeah. Originally I did this and another video of me on the train going to the starport to show some friends "circling" the star citizen organisation that the game was starting to become a reality and that somebody they actually knew rather than a professional youtube with a supercomputer was actually playing the game. They are not supposed to be anything professional and in fact it was 1am and my first attempt at voice on a video. My mic is just s desk mic and does not really pic my voice up that well but it is what it is.

As for the bed mechanic I really want to know how this will work in detail.