Discuss GrogCast Season 2!

Started by bayonetbrant, September 08, 2015, 03:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 23, 2015, 05:15:31 PM
Those of you on BoardGameGeek please give us a thumbs up on our announcement thread, and try and help get the visibility up :)

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1459743/wargaming-podcast-radio-heck-yeah

Gave ya the ole thumb!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Melchett on October 24, 2015, 01:21:28 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 24, 2015, 12:20:52 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 23, 2015, 01:32:28 PM
Though I think it was mainly a cover to go out into his shack and drink.

In other words, "the national pastime of Maine."

Maine is a nation? Golly!  ;)

Not a nation, but we drink like it is.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Melchett

Quote from: mirth on October 24, 2015, 01:24:58 PM
Quote from: Melchett on October 24, 2015, 01:21:28 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 24, 2015, 12:20:52 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 23, 2015, 01:32:28 PM
Though I think it was mainly a cover to go out into his shack and drink.

In other words, "the national pastime of Maine."

Maine is a nation? Golly!  ;)

Not a nation, but we drink like it is.

I'll drink to that!

bayonetbrant

Jeff Lewis of LNLP, in today's GrogCast
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

And available during work hours  O0

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

Joe

Hi folks,

thx for another great episode! I must admit that the first episodes at the beginning of the year were wonky by any standards :) but you are getting it all right now, especially Season 2!

The insight from Mark was refreshing! I always like hearing about people's own experiences from their field of work. Way to go forward like that!

Just wanted to add a bit more salt to the Onus! injury - I was one of the vocal folks pointing at the similarities with Battleground: Fantasy Warfare (on Boardgamegeek in my case). For me it would totally suffice if the creators would admit they were inspired by BFW and decided to take it for a spin. Then I would have no objections and would happily wish them all the luck in the world! Even in the case they would totally rework the rules and only the cards stayed.

But they just said "they knew about the existence of BFW". That is simply not true in my book, as when you look at the design of their cards and the design of the BFW cards, you do not only see similar style of top-down art (which, admittedly, in Onus! is better), but more importantly, the stats themselves are identical, even to the slashed numbers and icons. I cannot imagine a game in development, that presents itself as "new", using the same stats and numbers than an older game without the creators knowing about this.

I hate it when people do not give credit to the ideas and games that inspired them, especially when the new game is clearly a "copy" of an older one, even if the rules are tweaked and heading in a different direction.

Bison

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Anthony Gallela on this week's GrogCast.  And we're coming back to the forums pretty soon to get just us regular guys chatting about games again.

BanzaiCat

Just in case you lazy bums missed it, the latest edition of the GrogCast is up on the front page. And has been since yesterday. Go check it out, slackers.

http://grogheads.com/?podcast=grogcast-season-2-episode-11

MetalDog

mirth me boy-o, one question...how drunk were you? ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

Drunk mirth? I've gotta move this up on the to-do list.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak