Main Menu

Dustwind

Started by Jarhead0331, August 15, 2018, 01:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This looks like an absolute blast. Looks like it can be played PvP, PvE, co-op or solo.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/600460/Dustwind/

WELCOME TO DUSTWIND, A POST-APOCALYPTIC REAL-TIME TACTICS GAME!
The world has come to an end. Anyone still alive must fight other survivors. The time has come for you and your friends to get rekt while fighting against each other, other teams, or the Evil Computer in Cooperative or Solo modes.

Come join the CLUSTERFUN!
Make quick tactical decisions, create custom characters with interesting combinations of skills and gear, and dominate the battlefield! Play online or solo.

TACTICAL ACTION COMBAT
Sneak, aim for bodyparts, use varied weapons and ammo, trick and flank your enemies, set or disarm traps, drive and repair vehicles, and try not to blow up all of your teammates! Seriously, don´t take that bazooka into close quarters combat.

A typical game session is anywhere between 10 minutes and 1.5 hours, strongly depending on which gamemode and map you play. Large cooperative or solo maps take longer (if you don´t die), while competitive matches are usually timed at 10-20 minutes.

No fixed classes, no pay-to-win! Experiment with various character builds without wasting your time. But you only get 10.000 points to spend on each character you make, so spend them wisely to find the coolest combination of skills and gear that suits you personally. Don´t worry though, you can re-stat or make a new char any time! Also as you gain ranks as a player, you unlock new cool items to give to your characters.

Dogs are great support units who can throw grenades, drive cars, deploy turrets, fire mounted car guns, heal people (bring your DOGtor!), repair stuff, bite enemies in the butt, and more.. The only thing they can´t do is use (the most) human weapons. But so what? Show those humans how tactical fighting is done! Wuff!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bobarossa

Man, I want to be able to play a dog in this game!

Tuna

bbmike

"Real-time tactics game."  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on August 15, 2018, 04:53:47 PM
"Real-time tactics game."  :(

I know, I know...but I still think it looks kinda fun.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

Any grogs pick this up? It's good beer and pretzels fun!  Looking for people to co op with.

Tuna

FYI, after the sale ends tomorrow, the price goes up to 25! So 15 is a good deal!

bbmike

It'll be $7 during the Christmas sale.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak