STAR FLEET II - Krellan Commander Version 2.0 Released

Started by mbar, November 13, 2023, 05:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

I played a Krellan Star Fleet Game but it wasn't Star Fleet II.  I remember it was more based on ground combat but not sure it had the Star Fleet name.

Still quite the blast from the past.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 15, 2023, 02:07:23 PMWhat I find most interesting is that the developer, Trevor Sorensen, put a tremendous amount of work into getting this to the 2.0 version of the game. I mean, the closed beta went on for what seemed like years and involved many many versions. I didn't follow the beta close enough to know why this was the case, but you would think there is an entirely new game here based solely on the man-hours put into it. Clearly though, it looks and plays as the original, so the time must have been devoted elsewhere...under the hood stuff, bug-squashing, etc.

Yep, thought the same.  Maybe just a labor of love, versus trying to make ton of money.  Or doesn't possess modern development skills to use latest technology to release completely new version in the modern world.