Empires Apart - Age of Empires Clone

Started by jomni, July 06, 2016, 05:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronX

I actually don't mind the art style and while I did enjoy the game 20 years ago, I've never felt a need to revisit it. But I can see that a classic game that runs on modern electro-calculatrons will appeal to some.

Vintage Dude

Once again, Strategy Gamer already has a review out. It seems to be a mixed bag.
www.strategygamer.com/reviews/empires-apart/

Zulu1966

Quote from: Vintage Dude on March 29, 2018, 09:47:23 PM
Once again, Strategy Gamer already has a review out. It seems to be a mixed bag.
www.strategygamer.com/reviews/empires-apart/

I don't know it may be but I didn't really read that review as coming out a "mixed bag" but actually quite good. They also gave it 4 out of 5 stars ... not really mixed bag territory either.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jarhead0331

NO single player campaign and a "docile" AI? Sounds like a multiplayer centered RTS that I'm going to skip until it is very steeply discounted.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Micha

Hard to understand for me why they release the game in the year 2018 with such an graphic.But ok , everything its a matter of taste.

Vintage Dude

I said that the review was a mixed bag because it is geared toward multiplayer and I don't do multiplayer.

RommelFox

Quote from: Vintage Dude on March 30, 2018, 11:24:22 AM
I said that the review was a mixed bag because it is geared toward multiplayer and I don't do multiplayer.

I hate it when games just skip over or include a very lackluster single player experience.

What I do like is how they seem to have put in the effort to make the civilizations play and feel different.  In Age II the factions feel too similar in a lot of cases.  I also like the sound of the survival mode. 
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

jomni

Quote from: Micha on March 30, 2018, 04:41:58 AM
Hard to understand for me why they release the game in the year 2018 with such an graphic.But ok , everything its a matter of taste.

Tell that to all those low poly or pixel art indie games that we have these days.  It's pretty much an art style.

Hofstadter

I don't see much of a point to this game. An age of empires close that nobody really wanted with barely any dedicated single player. What's even the point
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

DennisS

Quote from: Hofstadter on March 30, 2018, 07:14:39 PM
I don't see much of a point to this game. An age of empires close that nobody really wanted with barely any dedicated single player. What's even the point

It doesn't do anything the Age of Empires or Rise of Nations doesn't do better. I'll pass on this one.

solops

The litmus test for me - can you issue orders while the game is paused?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

jomni

They changed the model. Game is now free to play (just they Byzantines).  Other civs are DLC.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=88163

Gusington

I got excited that a single player campaign system was introduced...:/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd