What's that one game you always go back to?

Started by steve58, August 25, 2019, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on August 26, 2019, 04:49:53 PM
HA W8...you can't use 'gay' as an adjective!

Says the guy that likes to play "AssCreed".
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

MrsWargamer

'Gay' used that way, is so 70s schoolyard put down :)
Just killin pixels and cardboard

smittyohio

ArizonaTank

Combat Mission Afrika Korps, followed closely by Mount and Blade.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 25, 2019, 05:58:54 PM
X-Com UFO Defense. The one game to rule them all.

:notworthy:

(You missed out on the hipster points by not referring to it as UFO: Enemy Unknown ;) )
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

SirAndrewD

Quote from: MrsWargamer on August 26, 2019, 07:22:17 PM

Hence why Gus has brought us "Asscreedy"

jomni

War Thunder.

It's almost the only thing I play. Except for FOG 2 modding. I have lost the desire to buy new games.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: MrsWargamer on August 26, 2019, 07:22:17 PM

Thank you MrsWargamer for recognizing my old school ways.  We never used that term as an attack on someones lifestyle, just as a put down as you mention.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SirAndrewD

Quote from: W8taminute on August 26, 2019, 10:02:52 PM
Thank you MrsWargamer for recognizing my old school ways.  We never used that term as an attack on someones lifestyle, just as a put down as you mention.   O0

As Gus would say, it was an Asscreedy move.

FlickJax

Was Football Manager, Then it was World of Warcraft, then it was World of Tanks now it is Marvel Puzzle quest and slay the spire....

Throughout has been odd spells on both Civ, Panzer Corps and Whichever Total War i fancy.

stolypin

Been playing Steel Panthers (now Shrapnel's SPWW2 and SPMBT) on and off for nearly a quarter century.  Haven't played it much in 2019 but have my eye on a cool Quang Tri ARVN attack scenario that I noticed for the first time in SPMBT.

Gusington

You are all gay, in the best possible way.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd