What's that one game you always go back to?

Started by steve58, August 25, 2019, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Like the SL sez, which one?  When you get an hour or two to sit down and game.  I've got way too many games in my Steam/MG/GG/GMG/etc accts and just bought all of Civ VI (I will play it honest!), but...when the time come to sit down and have some fun, I almost always fire up World of Warships (THAT may change now that subs ARE coming  >:().  Just curious... :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Wburn

Yep, World of Warships is my go to fun game.

Jarhead0331

X-Com UFO Defense. The one game to rule them all.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Moreb

Mius Front. It's my favorite game of all time, just above the original CM.
When dongles fly? - mirth

nelmsm

EUIV. I guess the what if keeps sucking me and I've always got a game in mid-session to jump back into

JasonPratt

Heh, I was about to post a new thread to alert anyone interested that both Battle for Middle Earth II: Rise of the Witch King and also Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War: Soulstorm have had their super-mods updated recently (and the basic fan-patch for RotrWK).  :smitten:

That's "Age of the Ring" for BfME2:RotWK, and "Ultimate Apocalypse" for DoW:SS.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Old TImer

SirAndrewD

Whatever the latest version of Civilization is, or Elite Dangerous. 

I also revisit the Total War titles a lot.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Barthheart

Civ VI.... 1400+ hrs and counting..... trying really hard to play other things ... but when tired and just want to play something this gets started..... before that it was Civ V @ 2400+ hrs.... madness really....  :uglystupid2:

WallysWorld

Train Simulator as it's just plain relaxing to play.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

For just plain fun and relaxation, it's still Skyrim for me. I can always find something new to kill or explore, either way I'm happy.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bardolph

Rocket League, but it isn't always that relaxing lol.

MetalDog

Civ IV Beyond the Sword.  Although, Field of Glory: Empires has me in its grip right now.  54 hours in 3 weeks.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob