Main Menu

Revisiting Rome II

Started by MengJiao, April 28, 2019, 05:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Sir Slash

Very angry gnome apparently. He probably needs more gnome beer.  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 08, 2019, 06:42:07 PM
Very angry gnome apparently. He probably needs more gnome beer.  <:-)

Your basic hoplites, staying calm:

Sir Slash

Nothing says, 'surprise' like a spear in the gut.

besilarius

Fart with a lump in it is up there as well.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Still love Rome II.  It's the one that got truly me back into the franchise (after Rome 1 ironically compelled me to forsake it). 

I enjoy the DLC's (especially the fantastic Rise of the Republic), but the grand campaign is still what grabs me the most.  There are so many factions I have yet to try out!  :D 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MengJiao

Quote from: Martok on September 09, 2019, 04:53:41 PM
Still love Rome II.  It's the one that got truly me back into the franchise (after Rome 1 ironically compelled me to forsake it). 

I enjoy the DLC's (especially the fantastic Rise of the Republic), but the grand campaign is still what grabs me the most.  There are so many factions I have yet to try out!  :D

It's definitely one of my favorite games of all time.  Fall of the Sams was fun, but Rome II (and yes, especially Rise of the Republic) is Epic.

Yskonyn

I agree! Always a game I return to over time.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Martok

Damn, now I'm feeling the urge to fire it up again. 

Hmm, would I go with my favorite faction (Pontus) again since it's been a while, or do I try someone different?  Ponder, ponder... 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Pocus

Do you guys play with vanilla or a mod? I installed this big all encompassing mod (I don't remember its name, but not Radious the other) and there is something I just hate. And perhaps that's also in vanilla...

That's the 'sprinkle effect'. i.e anything or anyone giving a bonus just don't give a decent 1-3 bonuses, but 15+ very minor bonuses. Like say you have a general with a 'Public Order' trait, then you can be sure he will end up with stuff like: +2% Public Order, +3% Sanitation, +1% Wet Feet, -2% Cheese production, +4% the color of sky is blue and so on.

I just hate that. It makes totally impossible a simple analysis, where you can put in your mind: ok this guy is good at ... or bad at.

Strangely, Total Warhammer II has not this issue. So that's probably not from Creative Assembly, but from the mod. Now, playing Rome II without a mod, is like eating without salt I guess.

And so, I can't get into Rome II.