Because Nefaro Could Not Attend Origins...

Started by Cyrano, June 23, 2016, 03:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

...I thought to share the bestest new collectible tactical game for the Summer season:

You're welcome.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

I hope the reason for this, is that you were just unable to frame the Jagdpanthers that are coming to grind those abominations into a fine blue paste.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

bob48

So, you've stopped taking the medication then, B-C?

'Clip those corners'

Cyrano

I feel almost -- I stress almost -- as if I'm being unkind because the people running this were also running a Pixie Hollow game and they were as into this particular game as any MechWarrior or Mage Knight player ever was.  They had bins full of the little blue bastards -- sorted alphabetically I think -- and an fairly elaborate set of rules for the fight.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Silent Disapproval Robot

Pinetree

My Mrs collects smurfs, this maybe my gateway game to get her wargaming.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on June 23, 2016, 04:13:21 PM
So, you've stopped taking the medication then, B-C?

That depends on the Throatwarbler Mangrove, innit mate?

bob48

Yes, well.

We know what to get you for Christmas - a double lobotomy and 9 rolls of rubber wallpaper.................

'Clip those corners'

panzerde

That one little bastard has claws and a scorpion tail. He looks pretty serious if you ask me. Likely give Martok the jimmies.

This is more...wholesome...than some of the guys that were playing My 'Lil Pony stuff a couple of years ago...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

Needs moar flamethrowers/fireballs.

Also:  Why are the black smurfs portrayed so badly?  One looks like he has severe brain damage, and the other has a scorpion tail and claws. Smurf bigotry in gaming!  Black RAAAGE!

Quote from: Pinetree on June 23, 2016, 04:30:45 PM
My Mrs collects smurfs, this maybe my gateway game to get her wargaming.

If you actually persuade her to weaponize her blue commie smurfs, then we want to hear about it.    :crazy2:

Arctic Blast

Please tell me that you guys came up with a quick tactical ruleset and enacted a smurf war.

Staggerwing

Smurfs have artillery?!? No wonder HQ lost all contact with that aufklärungs unit they sent in to scope out the valley
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Cyrano on June 23, 2016, 04:27:59 PMwere also running a Pixie Hollow game

I wish you'd told me about them - my daughter would've gone gaga for that one :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers