Main Menu

Low Magic Age

Started by Tpek, March 30, 2017, 07:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

There's this very interesting tactical (arena-styled) turn based RPG that uses a modified version of the Pathfinder/D&D3.5 rules:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/576770/

Apparently it's gone under everyone's radar as only somewhat recently it has been translated to English.

It's still in E.A but pretty fun.
And the devs promise to implement a sandbox campaign in the future in addition to the arena mode.

acctingman

Nice find Tpek, thanks!!

glen55

Looks like fun, especially if they develop a campaign mode.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

DennisS

I have this..it isn't bad for what it tries to do..but if you clear out the first batch of fights, you are then thrown into a boss fight. Here, I got stuck. And died.

You can't bypass this fight, unless you reset the first several fights. Costs money to do this. Stuck again.

Not sure if they have this fixed, but there are better games out there, by far.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: DennisS on March 30, 2017, 02:32:27 PM

For $3.99?  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

Quote from: DennisS on March 30, 2017, 02:32:27 PM
I have this..it isn't bad for what it tries to do..but if you clear out the first batch of fights, you are then thrown into a boss fight. Here, I got stuck. And died.

You can't bypass this fight, unless you reset the first several fights. Costs money to do this. Stuck again.

You can fight the same battles over and over again to grind/farm money/loot/XP.

The option to refresh fights is to change them completely.

Boggit

It's on sale

https://store.steampowered.com/app/576770/Low_Magic_Age/

Is anyone playing it, and if so is it any good?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on June 03, 2018, 07:37:56 AM
It's on sale

https://store.steampowered.com/app/576770/Low_Magic_Age/

Is anyone playing it, and if so is it any good?

I picked it up super cheap a few months ago, but haven't played yet (since I've not been digital gaming lately). 

Had noticed that they were adding more campaign mechanics to it, as planned, so I jumped.  Last I checked they had been offering those in a public beta option.

FlickJax

might have to get this....