Warhammer II: Total War

Started by Martok, March 29, 2017, 02:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

I'm guessing this'll be warhammer 2 - the second part of the trilogy

SirAndrewD

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 29, 2017, 04:04:21 PM
I'm guessing this'll be warhammer 2 - the second part of the trilogy

Given the info from EGX, it's almost undoubtedly so.  Not entirely sure why the fanfare and mystery is so necessary for this.  With them saying it's a Warhammer release Lustria is about the only thing it CAN be, and they'd already said before this was the next step in their roadmap. 

I sadly I have limited interest in the title.  It's actually a bit concerning to me that they're managing two Warhammer releases before a historical, and the historical has had not even a peep or hint about its direction or level of development. 

I'm starting to wonder how much in the way of resources are being devoted to the historical side of things.  I guess Atillia in 2015 wasn't that long ago, but still.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Not yet - looking at the blurb there are 3 teams now, warhammer, historical AND the new mystery team

So there's warhammer 2, the possible China game plus the historical tradition which must be medieval 3

Martok

Well if it is an announcement about the next Warhammer TW game, then my apologies to Raied.  I totally missed that.  :-[ 

I will definitely be disappointed, though, if that's what the announcement is.  Much as I enjoy Warhammer TW, I was really looking forward to finding out what the next historical title was going to be. 

Quote from: Toonces on March 29, 2017, 04:10:30 PM
No medieval 3?

Pass.
I'm bummed about it too, but it's been clear for a while that we won't see that one for some time yet.  I'm sure we'll get our Medieval 3 eventually, but you'll almost certainly be retired (or at least out of the Navy) by then.  :-\ 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Toonces

I love that era so much.  No, we don't need it, but m2 is starting to show its age.

I'd be ok with China, and an Arthur doc would be cool for Attila or future m3.

I can wait.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

I'd like it if they did a 30 years war / ECW game.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Raied

Quote from: Martok on March 29, 2017, 04:30:43 PM
Well if it is an announcement about the next Warhammer TW game, then my apologies to Raied.  I totally missed that.  :-[ 

I will definitely be disappointed, though, if that's what the announcement is.  Much as I enjoy Warhammer TW, I was really looking forward to finding out what the next historical title was going to be. 

No medieval 3?

Pass.
I'm bummed about it too, but it's been clear for a while that we won't see that one for some time yet.  I'm sure we'll get our Medieval 3 eventually, but you'll almost certainly be retired (or at least out of the Navy) by then.  :-\

No worries, I wish for historical one too, but it seems not this time :(

Gusington

I still have yet to fire up Warhammer Total War. This does not moisten my loins.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Shame. The title really had me excited. But this fantasy warhammer total war game is ok at first but gets boring fast as battles are not very complex and generally just big blob fests. The graphics and units are interesting though as is the campaign map.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Dry loins are always a shame.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on March 29, 2017, 05:54:23 PM
Dry loins are always a shame.

if youd played 1 you would need groin buckets by now

+ i think their ultimate goal on the release of part III is to have a huge map like Empire and all races are open

sandman2575

No medieval 3?

Pass.

+1

High time for Medieval 3. Enough of this warhammer crap (...with apologies. It just ain't my cup of tea, to put it mildly, and I'm more than ready for CA to move onto a new chapter.)

Con

Make the Holy Roman Empire great again.

We are going to build the bigliest wall and make those Byzantians pay for it

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd