Warhammer II: Total War

Started by Martok, March 29, 2017, 02:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

CA/Sega currently has a livestream on YouTube, where they tease that the reveal will be announced in just under 2 days from now. 

The background images and sounds appear to offer some clue as to the next game, although what it might actually be is more than I can guess.  There's a hint of a building in the background (just to the right of the screen's center), but I can't really make it out. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Raied

looks like a either a fantasy thing or a Mayan pyramid... 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Raied on March 29, 2017, 02:52:40 PM

I agree...it looks like a mesoamerican pyramid to me. I'll be ok with this, so long as you can play as the conquistadors.

I hesitate in this conclusion though, since they did this already in the expansion to medieval II. My understanding is that the next title covers a fresh era that the series has not visited. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Not been an arboreal geek - I'm saying they're not trees of South America

Are we looking at china?

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FarAway Sooner

Looks like Mirkwood to me.  I'm going with Total War: Middle Earth for $500, Alex!

;D

Martok

Quote from: Raied on March 29, 2017, 02:52:40 PM
Well it's not fantasy, as this is their next historical-period title they'll be announcing. 

Listening to the livestream, I realized it sounds vaguely like a jungle.  If the next game takes place in sub-Saharan Africa or the Americas, I'll be skipping it.  There is no historical period from any of those regions that I would find interesting as a Total War game. 

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 29, 2017, 03:10:24 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 29, 2017, 03:07:23 PM
Are we looking at china?

Definitely a distinct possibility.
Dare I hope...? 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Wait wait wait - it doesn't say this is the actual historic release, this could be lustria - jungle home of the lizard men from war hammer

SirAndrewD

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 29, 2017, 03:22:21 PM
Wait wait wait - it doesn't say this is the actual historic release, this could be lustria - jungle home of the lizard men from war hammer

That's Lustria.  That's a Lizardmen temple.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Raied

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 29, 2017, 03:07:23 PM
Not been an arboreal geek - I'm saying they're not trees of South America

Are we looking at china?

Yes, you are right the trees dont belong to the South America, but who knows it is creative assembly with their amazing inaccuracies.  :D

undercovergeek

I'm happy to place a gallon of my moisture on it been lustria

Here come the lizard men and please god skaven

SirAndrewD

The related announcement from the EGX convention...

"4pm: The future of Total War: WARHAMMER. Join developers from Creative Assembly for an exclusive look at what's next for the Total War: WARHAMMER series. Fans won't want to miss this!"
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

undercovergeek

Skaven skaven skaven

Originally autocorrected to slaving shaven skaven - that'll do

Tpek

Actually I've already seen streams suggesting the next DLC for Total Warhammer is indeed the Lizardmen.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Tpek on March 29, 2017, 03:48:41 PM
Actually I've already seen streams suggesting the next DLC for Total Warhammer is indeed the Lizardmen.

Looks like they're going with a standalone title rather than a DLC.  They'd pretty well have to, Lustria is going to be a pretty phenomenally large add on.