Main Menu

Programmers at BFC

Started by RyanE, March 24, 2017, 08:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie61

Quote from: Boggit on March 27, 2017, 06:35:18 PM

"For 2017 the big effort is a full revitalization of the entire CM Shock Force Family to current game engine standards.

:D
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Pinetree

I wonder if us Shock Force owners will only have to pay for the upgrade. I doubt it though, it sounds like they've basically started from scratch.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Destraex

Well it depends on whether they just do paid patches like they have done consistently (and I like) for the ww2 games.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Zulu1966

Quote from: Pinetree on March 28, 2017, 12:57:50 AM
I wonder if us Shock Force owners will only have to pay for the upgrade. I doubt it though, it sounds like they've basically started from scratch.

I really don't mind. SF is a fantastic range of content. I suspect the price will largely depend on whether they do indeed call it CMSF 2 or just an engine upgrade.

I am just glad everything appears ok and they will be continuing to  deliver new content
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Michael Dorosh

Will the "new" Shock Force be a revitalization of the 2007 fantasy Syria, or will it be a 2018 near future Syria with the combatants upgraded, either to current equipment of the fantasy invasion, or perhaps 'historic' civil war forces, including ISIL?

I also realize as I type this that I have been using my SHOCK FORCE mousepad continuously for 10 years now. Too cheap to buy another one, I guess.

Yskonyn

Nothing definite said apart from upgrading CMSF. I would think it won't include units changes and just an upgrade of the engine to v4.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Michael Dorosh

I wonder if current events will spook the design team, or alter plans in any way. Kind of bad luck to predict open warfare in a part of the world to focus your next fun game on and then have it come true, only with the added 'bonuses' of war crimes, civil war, beheadings, etc.

Elvis

Re: Phil

I believe what Phil said to me at the time was (and although from memory, I think it's an exact quote) "Battlefront was my dream job , this new one is my fantasy job". So, like Steve said, he'd be an idiot to pass it up.

(P.S. damn, do I miss interacting with him frequently. Having never met him in person, he really seems like a human.)