Everybody's gone to war, it must be FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, March 24, 2017, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

My best friend Riley, 12 year old German Shepherd mix, died a week ago today.  When I looked at this thread on Friday I realized I hadn't been on Grogheads since he died.  Tried continuing my Civ5 campaign (thanks again Jamus for the steam key) but only made it one turn before quitting.  Friday afternoon I went out and got a new pup named Tanner.  5 month old mixed breed that is a bundle of energy. 

Thought I would start playing War Thunder again during weekend (played an hour almost every day for two years) but now it was puppy insanity that prevented me from playing.  Anyway, things are settling down and I managed to play about 20 turns of Civ5 today.  Hurray!  BTW, great song and video at start of thread.

Jarhead0331

Condolences on your loss, bobarossa and congrats on the new member of the family!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

Sorry for your loss, dogs definitely become a close member of one's family.

jamus34

You're welcome for the key, condolences on the loss of a loved family member and congrats on the new addition!
Insert witty comment here.

undercovergeek

Hugs for the loss of your friend

And your new one looks crazy!! You'll have your hands full there

bob48

Very sorry for your loss, I know its not easy to cope with at first.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

Sorry to hear that, bobarossa.  :( The new pup is probably just trying too hard to cheer you up.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

My condolences Bob, I love dogs. Tanner looks awesome though. His puppy insanity phase should be ending in about 4 years if he's anything like my overgrown insane pup.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

My last dog was housebroken when I got him (10 months).  This is my first attempt at it and I've had to learn a whole new level of vigilance.  He was insane for 4 straight hours after I brought him home from the shelter.  I think he was making up for 2 weeks incarceration.  He's much calmer now (if that can begin to describe it). 

edit: I typed that while watching him throw toys around the room.   And thanks for the condolences, all.

Edit2: forgot to mention that the death was unexpected, even at 12.  I had just gotten news that his kidneys were holding up and figured I get to keep him another year.  Apparently German Shepherds are prone to something called Hemangiosarcoma, a cancer of the spleen and heart.  Gave no symptoms until it ruptured and he bled out internally.  Played an hour of War Thunder tonight and only got Kamakazied once (my pet peeve). 

Gusington

I know it may be difficult to, but try to enjoy it 😎

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

My condolences.  We remember fondly every dog we have ever had.
Congrats on Tanner.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd