Mass Effect Andromeda

Started by Tpek, March 21, 2017, 05:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

He's the new age. He's popular because he's annoying as fuck. I don't actually know what his other videos are like. Perhaps he does some good ones, but he's so annoying, I can't watch him.

I believe it's put on - but he's cottoned on to what sells hence his 4m (MILLION) subscribers
Alba gu' brath

ghostryder

it's a put on. Like Angry Joe the aim is entertainment. As annoying as he is the Francis act is more watchable than his RL boogie act- which also reviews the game reviews which is entertaining to a degree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM4Rgp1b3U4

mirth

Quote from: ghostryder on March 30, 2017, 06:40:01 AM
it's a put on. Like Angry Joe the aim is entertainment.

The key difference being that Angry Joe is entertaining.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bboyer66

Angry Joe is actually pretty thoughtfull and thorough in his reviews. Besides the occasional F-Bomb, Angry Joe is not that angry anymore.

mirth

Quote from: bboyer66 on March 30, 2017, 06:51:30 AM
Angry Joe is actually pretty thoughtfull and thorough in his reviews.

Agreed. He brings more than just a rant. He has genuine insight into what makes a game good or bad.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

ghostryder

Angry Joe is on another level for sure. he brings green screen skits with props--etc. Much more work is put into his reviews whereas boogie just sits there and yammers on.

W8taminute

I stopped watching francis and boogie a long time ago.  Not my cup of tea. 

Ever since Angry Joe got less angry I'm liking him much more and yes he does provide insight into why games are good or not. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ghostryder

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Pete Dero

Tpek

They just released a major patch today:
Actual fixes: None.
New bugs: Some.

Yay for Bioware!

Tpek

This game is really buggy.
About a third of the quests are completely bugged for me and I can't complete them.

From googling about it, it seems to be a very common issue.

glen55

I'm completing everything. Enjoying this game more than I thought I would initially. It just has a boggy start.

I'll weigh back in after I have completed the game, but I think I'm going to be playing this a long time.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

mirth

W8taminute

Glad I didn't buy this game.  By the time they finally do fix everything (if they fix everything) no one will really care. 

One advantage of an impatient society is if you can't deliver a product that's near flawless on day one people will long have forgotten you by the time you fix it.  Hey game companies, you want to make a maximum profit, then deliver bug free and complete games on day one.  In the long run you'll make more money than a simple crash and grab.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk