Mass Effect Andromeda

Started by Tpek, March 21, 2017, 05:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 28, 2017, 04:41:40 AM
Thanks Glen. This is on my radar, though I haven't finished the first one yet and not even started the second one  :crazy2:

What about the third one?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

The rocket boosted jump mechanic is problematic. I've jumped multiple times into spots that I cannot get out of without randomly moving/jumping until I break free. Very frustrating.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tpek

^I've walked normally into spots that I couldn't get out of at all.
The game really suffers from poor design and plenty of bugs.

mirth

Quote from: Tpek on March 28, 2017, 07:13:44 AM
^I've walked normally into spots that I couldn't get out of at all.
The game really suffers from poor design and plenty of bugs.

I'm beginning to notice. It really sucks in an exploration game where you're supposed to walk around and check out all the areas on the map.

I've only been playing a few hours and I've ran into more of these issues than I recall seeing in all the previous games combined.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

And the lack of a mini map is a terrible design decision.

Tpek

Not to mention that while pressing M opens the map window, the only way to exit it is to press ESC twice.

Same goes for the inventory.
And there is no hotkey for the journal.
???

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 28, 2017, 06:34:56 AM
Thanks Glen. This is on my radar, though I haven't finished the first one yet and not even started the second one  :crazy2:

Really? sheesh.  :tickedoff:

I wonder if I didn't buy because it was only on Origin? Or - perhaps I was being sensible because I hadn't played the others?  :uglystupid2:

Anyway, I think I'll leave this and 3 until I play 1 and 2...why not.
Alba gu' brath

glen55

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 28, 2017, 09:06:14 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 28, 2017, 06:34:56 AM

Really? sheesh.  :tickedoff:

I wonder if I didn't buy because it was only on Origin? Or - perhaps I was being sensible because I hadn't played the others?  :uglystupid2:

Anyway, I think I'll leave this and 3 until I play 1 and 2...why not.

2 is the best. Remind yourself of the plot of 1 before you play it.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_(video_game) has a synopsis of 1.

I thought J brings up the journal. That's the easy part. The hard part is drilling through the folders and sub-folders to get to the quests for your location.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

ghostryder

I agree. Mass effect 2 is just done so well done--if you forget the end boss -which is complete cheeseball stuff.. Every character has excellent voice acting...etc. I have 3 but really haven't played it much. Starting out it just didn't grab me and I really did not like the GUI combat changes. once your used to a certain setup---and it works--it just bugs me they have to screw with it and give you something not as intuitive. I'll eventually play it but I doubt I'll get this one until it's fixed and comes way down in price.

And i have no doubt it is fixable. As I mentioned above the animation is really not bad...it's unfinished. It looks to me from my experience with animation no animation at all has taken place on the faces. The only thing that moves is the eyes and the mouth-and that is likely automatically controlled by the lip synch app in Frostbite. cheekbone, chin . forehead and everything outside of that doesn't budge a bit. Par that with the position of the eye iris and the predominant appearance of the pupils and there's no way I can believe any animator even touched these models.

For one, no animator is going to center the eye with the iris being fully round. A natural eye is where the top of the iris is being covered by the eyelid in a half moon. Seeing the full iris naturally only occurs with a shocked or surprised expression. All iris's here are like that and is why they appear so wanky and they all look like crazed phycho killers from some B movie horror movie.

Secondly the pupils are are too apparent and do not blend in with the color of the eye as they naturally do. It gives a creepy alien appearance.

Thirdly the eyes themselves are far far too large. Cartoon large.

Pair that with the rest of the face being static and the results are just awful.

glen55

I actually loved the fight against the last boss in 2, despite the fact that I would be in total agreement with applying the term "total cheeseball" to it.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

mirth

Quote from: glen55 on March 28, 2017, 01:48:48 PM
I actually loved the fight against the last boss in 2, despite the fact that I would be in total agreement with applying the term "total cheeseball" to it.

+1 I liked that battle and ending.

ghostryder

Francis reviews Mass effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_j-pOsn6FY

mirth

Rayfer

MC