Main Menu

Letterkenny

Started by GDS_Starfury, January 23, 2022, 02:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Letterkenny on hulu.   :bd:
fucking gold.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

110 thread views and no response?

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

What is it? Ah needs to know afore ah squanders mah preciously rationed tv moments.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Pete Dero

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 26, 2022, 09:12:04 PM
110 thread views and no response?

I had never heard the word Letterkenny before.  It looks like that show never aired in the EU and it isn't available on any streaming service in my area.  But IMDb likes it a lot https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4647692/.

Is it worth spending over $80 on the season 1->6 DVD collection (later seasons aren't available over here)?

Silent Disapproval Robot

You can find lots of clips from the show on YouTube to see if it's your brand of humour. 

GDS_Starfury

youtube is the way to go to test the waters.
the second episode of the first season is the worst of all 10 seasons so skip that one unless you like the humor.

Dammit Carl!

"Allegedly."

Show is gold, and as sure as God's got sandals, it sure beats a good deal of many other shows out there.

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's pretty much as Canadian as it gets.  The accents might be pure Southern Ontario but the mindset is straight out of every small town across Canada*.

(*Quebec not included)

Bardolph

Or you can just watch actual Canada ;)
This guy has seasons going back to 2015 I think:

https://youtu.be/on5b4NcbEK0

Sorry, using the Youtube thumbnail just shows an age-restricted thing, I rather image due to language.

I thought Letterkenny was pretty damn funny.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Heh.  One of my co-workers lived just a few km away from that guy's place.  The vids aren't as fun now because he became internet famous so much of it is just asshats showing up to moon his cameras.

Dammit Carl!

If those around me, who over the years compared me to the TV show places I needed to move to, had sway I'd have been either in Canada or Alaska years ago. [Hums Northern Exposure opening theme]

(maybe should've listened, but too late now)

Bardolph

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 27, 2022, 10:37:41 PM
Heh.  One of my co-workers lived just a few km away from that guy's place.  The vids aren't as fun now because he became internet famous so much of it is just asshats showing up to moon his cameras.

Yeah the last couple seasons were a lot of that. Looks like he has finally decided to move somewhere peaceful per the end of the most recent video. Don't know how they tolerated it there as long as they did lol.

Silent Disapproval Robot

He had it in the comments in one of the earlier years.  Basically said he didn't do his research when he bought the place and didn't know he was in junkie central with a halfway house next block over and dealers at the end of his street.  Said he couldn't sell the place at that time.  Real estate prices being as insane as they are in and around Vancouver these days, I'm not surprised it sold.  Buyers probably didn't even bother to look at the place.

Silent Disapproval Robot

The new spin-off series from Letterkenny is out and it's pretty damned funny.

Shoresy is the foul-mouthed hockey player who's face you never saw in Letterkenny.  I wasn't sure how a show based on a one-note character would be but so far, it's pretty good.