Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mikeck on March 12, 2018, 07:26:59 PM
I see that the savegame mod has been updated to work with patch 1.3.1. So my question is that since now the vanilla game allows you to save anytime (upon exit), why do I need the savegame mod. Does the mod allow me to save a game, keep playing and then go back and reload an old save ? (Vs only saving upon exit)

The savegame mod lets you save and continue, with no exit.  It just removes the Schnapps requirement.  So, in answer to your second question, yes, it lets you save, continue, and if you choose, reload.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mikeck

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 12, 2018, 07:36:38 PM
Quote from: mikeck on March 12, 2018, 07:26:59 PM
I see that the savegame mod has been updated to work with patch 1.3.1. So my question is that since now the vanilla game allows you to save anytime (upon exit), why do I need the savegame mod. Does the mod allow me to save a game, keep playing and then go back and reload an old save ? (Vs only saving upon exit)

The savegame mod lets you save and continue, with no exit.  It just removes the Schnapps requirement.  So, in answer to your second question, yes, it lets you save, continue, and if you choose, reload.

Great. Thank you
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

I'll be completely honest here - and I'll cower in the corner here waiting on the backlash - I uninstalled this yesterday with only 3 hours under my belt.

It absolutely didn't hit a chord with me at all. I wasn't going into it expecting The Witcher or Skyrim - I had done some reading up on it - but I really, really didn't expect it to be that boring. I completely and wholeheartedly agreed with most of The Escapist review.

I'm a firm believer in first impressions. Whether that's selling your house, buying one, going for a job interview - or playing a game. It has to grab you by the balls and shake you around a bit to get that saliva flowing in the mouth  :dreamer:

As I only played 3 hours, didn't get out the village and didn't get to complete "the 6 hour tutorial" (not my estimate on the length of the tutorial)...so it might be too soon - but there's games far more deserving of my attention.

Something else that might get me a battering is I wasn't a massive fan of Skyrim either  :hide:

You lot go forth and multiply have a good time with the game  :notworthy:
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Well you should play what you enjoy, not what others tell you to enjoy.  \m/
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 14, 2018, 04:41:50 AM
I just saw the positive feedback and read a couple of articles and thought "What the hell". I was well aware of the slow pace - I just didn't think I would be that put off by it. Turns out, I was wrong  L:-)
Alba gu' brath

mikeck

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 14, 2018, 05:59:54 AM
I just saw the positive feedback and read a couple of articles and thought "What the hell". I was well aware of the slow pace - I just didn't think I would be that put off by it. Turns out, I was wrong  L:-)

By all accounts, after the tutorial it really picks up and opens up. Don't you want to get through the prologue before you shelve it?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

glen55

Quote from: mikeck on March 14, 2018, 10:43:53 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 14, 2018, 05:59:54 AM

By all accounts, after the tutorial it really picks up and opens up. Don't you want to get through the prologue before you shelve it?

Also, there's more of a learning curve than for most RPGs, which slows things down at the start.

Once you get past the learning curve and the intro, the game pretty much has the pace that you want. Yeah, it's never going to be Serious Sam, but it's as fast-paced as other modern RPGs if you opt to use fast travel and bypass sidequests.

But if you're looking for relentless action, maybe it's not the game for you. The charm of the game is that it makes you feel like you are really there in a real world and Henry has a real life.  Real life does not consist of relentless action. You can speed things up if you want to, but I think some of the best parts of the game are wandering the countryside checking out stuff that looks checkoutable, or finding an hour or two to sit down on your bed and work on leveling your reading skill. If you aren't looking for that kind of experience, there's no need to play 30 hours to figure it out on your own.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Jarhead0331

Honestly, I think JD made the right call for his gaming tastes, based on what I know. Yes, the game picks up in some ways, but it never ends up being more of an action based adventure over a medieval life simulator. i really don't think I see JD ever truly loving KCD...that's not a knock on his gaming tastes, or on the game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I didn't know JD did not like Skyrim.

My world, it turns.

Unless that's just the cold medicine.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Different strokes for different folks, Gus. (Read my sig. ;))
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

It's alright - Skyrim, in my mind, is one of those 'something for everyone' games. So is Kingdom Come. Maybe not.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Greybriar on March 14, 2018, 01:10:04 PM
Different strokes for different folks, Gus. (Read my sig. ;))

Except for N64 Superman. I do not think you'll find a single person that will claim that game has a single redeeming quality.

Unless you are comparing it to a steaming pile of shit on a 100* day
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

I'd take the pile of shit over N64 Superman.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

I don't think you'll find many people to defend the E.T. Atari game either. I played that game as a kid. It was the first time I learned a video game could totally suck.