2014 World Cup Running Commentary

Started by bayonetbrant, May 23, 2014, 11:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

at some point I won't be running the Central Command at Origins and I can sit still and watch some games  :-\
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

something I saw on Facebook today from a British friend

5PA1N
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

bayonetbrant

TheCommandTent

^ This!  6pm today and I cannot wait!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

John Brooks is completely useless. We should have brought Maurice Edu instead, since he can actually play multiple positions and knows how to defend

bayonetbrant

that right there is your quality difference.
our subs are John Brooks and aron Johansson

theirs are Kevin Prince Boateng and Michael Essien

advantage, Ghana

MetalDog

What was that about John Brooks?  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

the irony of brooks getting the header for the winner is that for 40 minutes he was defending like a marshmallow

bayonetbrant

Brooks was responsible for Ghana's goal also

he's the guy that didn't close down the runner coming through the box

MetalDog

I don't know sh*t about soccer.  I just thought it was ironic that you were railing against Brooks and he came through with the goal and a great stop shortly after.  I'm sure you're right about what ever it is you said.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

TheCommandTent

"I believe that we will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Brant is completely right and I hope they don't let Brooks start against Portugal.

More importantly the US staff needs to figure out what is going on with the player's fitness, they knew what the weather would be like so this is unacceptable.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

Also we need to figure out how to possess the ball for longer periods or we aren't going to stand a chance.