Main Menu

Comparison please?

Started by Flywheel, July 21, 2016, 07:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warhorse

Glad to hear it, there are soo many scenario's, and different mods to use, you won't get tired of it! Go here-http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=240 to get some terrain mods and other stuff to try. It uses JSGME to swap the files in and out of the game so nothing is permanently overwritten!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

acctingman

Pete Dero

Quote from: acctingman on July 23, 2016, 11:42:13 AM
What is JSGME?

http://rofmods.com/en/JSGME_Utility/

allows users to easily activate and deactivate mods (and this for many games : rise of flight, dcs world, silent hunter, ...)

acctingman

Warhorse

Yes, my bad, I didn't even think about the fact that not everyone knows what JSGME is! I've been using it for a long time. I'm pretty sure my WW1 game comes with it already in the directory, just dbl-click on the exe, it will start up, saying about making a mods folder, hit ok, then exit. From then on out, any mods get unzipped into the mods folder, you activate JSGME, now you will see the mod listed on the left, click once on it, hit the right hand arrow to activate the mod, it might warn of stuff, but hit ok, and exit! You can't mess anything up this way. If you make any mods to your game, just make a new folder in mods, then whatever you mod, make sure you have any folders in the named folder, ie, maps, etc. I use this little program with every game I have, and it works awesome!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Jason Petho

Here is a YouTube video that I put together that shows how easy the JSGME program is to use.

Keep in mind, this somes with the Campaign Series Middle East game, hence the focus on that, but will work similar for any game, I believe.

Jason Petho
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Flywheel

Warhorse: Thanks for the  JSGME info, I will use that.

Jason: Thanks for the video link, that is so well presented and as clear as if you came and installed it for me.
Cheers guys.
Hold my beer and watch this!

Warhorse

Thanks a bunch, Jason! O0
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Jason Petho

Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Greybriar

Quote from: acctingman on July 23, 2016, 11:42:13 AM
What is JSGME?

Pete explained what it is, but in case anyone is wondering, JSGME = Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

panzerde

^ Which is massively useful for a lot of games, not just Campaign Series. I use it with all of my Tiller games and others.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

-budd-

great program use it for all my wargames.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Crossroads

Quote from: -budd- on July 23, 2016, 09:53:37 PM
great program use it for all my wargames.

Neat  :)

JSGME seconded by me as well. Why risk your install with tinkering with files manually, when you can easily set up several mods in place that can be added and removed with a click of a mouse.

JSGME download available for example HERE. That is the latest and final version that is available. It is not maintained anymore, but has worked for me from XP to W10 and all OS'es in between.

edit: oh I see Pete's already provided a download link. Well here's another then  :D
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Flywheel

It does no harm to have alternative links. Thank you.
Hold my beer and watch this!

Crossroads

Quote from: Flywheel on July 24, 2016, 12:18:12 PM
It does no harm to have alternative links. Thank you.

If anyone knows of a later version please let me know. This is the latest one I have been able to find.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY