I See a Bad Moon Rising

Started by mirth, August 30, 2015, 03:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Damn it, I just made my car payment!!! If only I had read this thread sooner!!!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Permanent annihilation not temporary annihilation? Haven't they read Revelations?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

When I was much younger, I would get worked-up by such predictions.  Now I find them deeply amusing.

I was listening to a paranormal radio show called "Fade to Black".  The latest thing with the fringe UFO crowd (yes, that may sound redundant, but there is a scale of weirdness within that overall group) is that highly evolved beings which now exist as giant orbs of energy, are migrating towards Earth, and will be here soon (as in sometime over the next 12 months, or less); for the purpose of 'adjusting' our existence. It is claimed that these beings last visited us around 200,000 to 300,000 years ago, tinkering with our environment and DNA (specifically making us Homo Sapiens).  The suggestion is that they will do so again (as, apparently, we are so important in the universe), and therefore we are in for a paradigm shifting evolutionary step.

So here we go again.  No group of believers (in whatever) is immune from predictions of doom and/or extreme events.
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

I can say with confidence that the world will not end. I am providing far too much amusement to the Universe for things to stop now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on October 07, 2015, 07:52:18 AM
highly evolved beings which now exist as giant orbs of energy, are migrating towards Earth, and will be here soon (as in sometime over the next 12 months, or less); for the purpose of 'adjusting' our existence.

So they're chiropractors!

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on October 07, 2015, 09:16:23 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on October 07, 2015, 07:52:18 AM
highly evolved beings which now exist as giant orbs of energy, are migrating towards Earth, and will be here soon (as in sometime over the next 12 months, or less); for the purpose of 'adjusting' our existence.

So they're chiropractors!

So they are like sort of like aliens but not real aliens?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Sir Slash

Mid afternoon and still here. Uhhhh.... The rest of you are still here too, right?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

<click>....this is a recorded message........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 07, 2015, 01:39:32 PM
Mid afternoon and still here. Uhhhh.... The rest of you are still here too, right?

I'm back.

What did I miss?

bob48

<click>....this is a recorded message........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

11:26pm And still here. Looks like I'm going to have to pay the bills again this month.  ???
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 07, 2015, 10:28:51 PM
11:26pm And still here. Looks like I'm going to have to pay the bills again this month.  ???

Wowzers, you're right.

I guess I'd better apologize to all those women I slept with yesterday and tell them the world *isn't* ending.

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on October 08, 2015, 10:24:36 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 07, 2015, 10:28:51 PM

Wowzers, you're right.

I guess I'd better apologize to all those women I slept with yesterday and tell them the world *isn't* ending.

Never apologize.