Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeraldlis

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 13, 2017, 04:37:38 PM

Wow... I really love this song, it's awesome  :D  seems like you've got your musical groove rollin', you've posted like a full playlist of music, it's great  O0 BTW, I thought the video you posted a while back,  of the guy dressed as a white bunny playing guitar through the mall..... Was super cute  <:-) And I'm gonna be adding some of the songs you've just posted to some of my own playlists :) nice one BC  :bd:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

trailrunner

Quote from: MetalDog on December 13, 2017, 07:20:11 PM

I actually saw David Allen Coe in concert about 10 years ago.

Emeraldlis

There has been some seriously cool music posted on the last few pages from you guys  ,and I've loved listening to it all  :clap:  :smitten: if I posted here every song I've loved .....I'd have to repost the last 4 pages , lol , but suffice it to say I have a lot of new music to listen to and enjoy :) thanks guys for posting some really great stuff  :hug:

Just thought I'd post a couple of songs whilst I'm here ....may as well :)

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

^ooh that's a good one !!!!!  O0

bayonetbrant

beach music from Baltimore to NYC

[yt]https://youtu.be/tRVkS6Owp9Q[/yt]

beach music from VaBeach to Jacksonville

[yt]https://youtu.be/gzIAiyxS-nk[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 14, 2017, 06:38:40 PM
^ooh that's a good one !!!!!  O0
I concur!  I don't say it often enough (or maybe even at all?), but I've long been thankful for Brant being such a huge music aficionado.  The sheer volume of artists & songs he knows virtually guarantees he posts stuff you've never heard before, but will very much enjoy.  O0 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

dude, thank you, but that is waaaaaaaay more credit than I probably deserve

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 15, 2017, 06:05:10 AM
dude, thank you, but that is waaaaaaaay more credit than I probably deserve

I concur :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Circling back to this, with the original artists noted above each video

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 04, 2017, 08:07:59 PM
feeling like a bunch of cover songs tonight...  and without Google, how many of the original artists can you name?  :)

Bob Seger

The Friends of Distinction   Hugh Masekela (thanks for the catch, MD!)

Whitesnake - They remade their own song; this is the first tune from the Ready An' Willing album from 1980

The Eagles

Smokey Robinson

Ani DiFranco

Tracy Bonham

The Temptations

Brenda Russell

The Nerves

PhD

Sarah MacLachlan

Gerry Rafferty

Bob Dylan

Soundgarden

T-Rex / Soundgarden

Velvet Underground

Sinatra

Traffic - tho arguably more associated with Joe Cocker (and I like this one better than any of them)

Talking Heads - tho I like this version waaaaay better

Gloria Jones

Steppenwolf

MetalDog

Grazing in the Grass was originally an instrumental by Hugh Masekela.  The Friends of Distinction put their version out a year later.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 08:53:40 AM
Grazing in the Grass was originally an instrumental by Hugh Masekela.  The Friends of Distinction put their version out a year later.

cool - thanks for the catch.  I'd never heard Hugh's version.

MetalDog

Absolutely  O0  The only way I had heard of Hugh was through Eric Burdon & the Animals's, 'Monterrey.'  When I was doing the research for '68, I ran across the name, Hugh Masekela.  I investigated and realized that I had heard, 'Grazing in the Grass,' before.  The syndicated morning show, 'John Boy & Billy,' use it as a rejoin bumper.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

^^^^
I've been to the fairgrounds where that took place, a bunch.  There's a big Scots festival there every year

bayonetbrant