Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus

Started by Jarhead0331, February 21, 2018, 11:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

The latest build is, unfortunately, highly unstable in multiplayer when more than two players are involved and/or on the larger maps.

(I mean UltimateApoc.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 22, 2018, 04:43:20 PM
The latest build is, unfortunately, highly unstable in multiplayer when more than two players are involved and/or on the larger maps.

(I mean UltimateApoc.)

Multiplayer can kiss my butt.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Then you'll love it. Except that the Daemonhunters still graphically flox the game for no clear reason. I mean, it's still playable, but their units flicker.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

Multiplayer never liked you that way.

You'll just have to accept being friend-zoned by MP.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Get your inner Tech Priest on in a turn-based tactical game with a phat loot hunting premise?  Hrmm.. wonder if more like 40k: Chaos Gate or X-Com style?  Make it good you bastids.

I'm in. 

The flesh is weak.

Announcement release:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/exclusive-video-game-announcement-mechanicus/

QuoteMechanicus puts you in control of an array of Adeptus Mechanicus forces for the first time ever as you lead your priests and troops on a tactical quest to salvage ancient technologies from the mysterious tombs of the planet Silva Tenebris. As Magos Dominus Faustinius of Mars, your every decision will shape the missions ahead and have far-reaching consequences for you and your team.

In a brand new release trailer, the recording of a deceased Tech-Priest, Magos Dominus Reditus, is played showing his contempt for the weakness of human flesh, and his never-ending service to the Machine God.

In-game, Mechanicus will enable you to overcome these 'human weaknesses' to upgrade your troops with augments that will replace their human limbs with bionics and mechadendrites. These will provide mechanical and tactical advantages as you progress throughout the game.

Augment: Flesh is weak! Upgrade your Tech-Priests' limbs with mechanical augments made from the blessed metals of the Omnissiah. Customize your team with hundreds of possibilities, creating a squad to suit your playstyle.

Difficult Decisions: Make tough decisions that will forge the future from your Ark Mechanicus, The Caestus Metalican, and send you towards alternate endings for a truly unique playthrough.

Experience the Noosphere: Use the Adeptus Mechanicus' evolved human cognition to scan unexplored tombs for valuable data in order to gain a tactical advantage over your enemy.

The Library: A compelling story written by Black Library author Ben Counter, specifically crafted to fit the unique personality of the Adeptus Mechanicus faction.

Mechanicus is scheduled for a late 2018 release and will be available for PC, Mac & Linux.

kludger

Good preview here is looking awesome :

My willpower is weak, GMG has pre-order 10% off at $26.99 but with their current 23% off voucher PAYDAY23 it made the total purchase price $20.78, I have commited myself to the Omnissiah now.

Only Flesh Falters: The Machine Is Never Corrupted

SirAndrewD

So many Warhammer games. 

You know what we need?  A Warhammer 40k game set in World War 2.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Staggerwing

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 29, 2018, 02:12:13 PM
So many Warhammer games. 

You know what we need?  A Warhammer 40k game set in World War 2.

With ninjas, zombies, and pirates.

We can call it World of Warhammer...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Con

Its been out now for a bit any groggy impressions?

Jarhead0331

I have a few hours into it. Overall impressions are rather positive. Art, graphics, sound are very well done. I like the story and the combat, which can be rather challenging, especially early on when you are light on troops and your tech priests are not leveled up. As you unlock more technology and higher level troops, strategic options open up.

It's a mix of FTL and x-com lite, sort of. Very different experience and I'm finding it intriguing playing as the mechanicus, it's a nice change.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18