What's Cool in Science This Week?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 09, 2017, 11:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

Can't remember. It was a while back.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Windigo

@ Labbug,
You're trolling aren't you??????
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Labbug

Quote from: Windigo on February 23, 2018, 05:17:58 PM
@ Labbug,
You're trolling aren't you??????

No.  I am sorry if it appears that way.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Very cool indeed. The comments are hilarious, too.

QuoteIllIllIll2m
Elizabeth Warren is on a plane right now heading down there to hide pictures of herself at the site.
Reply Share 1 Like

ArmedForLibertyLeader
She is way older than 7,000.
Reply Share

bbmike

Quote from: Labbug on February 28, 2018, 02:59:32 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/02/28/unprecedented-native-american-burial-site-discovered-in-gulf-mexico-off-florida.html

As sea levels eventually rose, the pond was covered by the Gulf of Mexico but the peat bottom of the pond remained intact.
"Peat slows the process of organic decay, which allowed the site to stay well preserved," state officials said.

Wait, Florida's got peat? Where's me scotch?
Damn Floridians! They ruined Florida!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Sir Slash

Yes, we have peat in Florida. But we call him 'Pete' like he prefers. And just like today, 7000 years ago nobody could afford to live on the Gulf and just went there to be buried.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus