New game mode for Civ VI!

Started by Barthheart, September 11, 2019, 10:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Barthheart

al_infierno

Looks awesome.  I never picked up Civ 6 but I might have to grab it next time it goes on sale for this DLC alone....
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Barthheart

It's not DLC, it came free with the last patch. So if you even buy just the base game you'll get access to this mode.

:D

Gusington

This looks incredibly fun. May be just the thing I needed to see to finally buy Civ VI.

Each of those named groups in the video - are they factions or are they units?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Figured you'd be interested.

I can't answer your question yet as I just found out and am still at work.

Soooon.....  :D

mbar

Quote from: Gusington on September 11, 2019, 01:52:03 PM
This looks incredibly fun. May be just the thing I needed to see to finally buy Civ VI.

Each of those named groups in the video - are they factions or are they units?

Factions from what I can tell.

Gusington

Either way - I like it!! Funny how this was kind of out of nowhere...at least for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

solops

I took Civ6 off my hard drive a year+ ago. Unless they fixed the brain dead AI there does not seem to be much point to a patch/DLC unless you are into MP.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Steelgrave

Oh, I'll definitely be firing this up come the weekend.   O0

MrsWargamer

Amusing I suppose, but 1. my system won't run the game adequately, and 2. enough of the wargaming crowd dumped on this hard enough I don't care.
Just killin pixels and cardboard

FlickJax

Quote from: MrsWargamer on September 11, 2019, 09:11:17 PM
Amusing I suppose, but 1. my system won't run the game adequately, and 2. enough of the wargaming crowd dumped on this hard enough I don't care.

Solops did yes, but a lot of like it chap.....

Millipede

I really enjoyed Civ IV and wasn't that thrilled with V or VI... then I got into a Civ VI multiplayer with Yskonym, Anguille and Bartheart and had to learn the game so I wouldn't embarrass myself. The more I've played it and learned my way around, the more I've enjoyed it to the extent that I haven't gone back to my beloved Civ IV in nearly a year. It took me a while to get into it but I'm glad I took the time.

Tuna

Quote from: Millipede on September 12, 2019, 11:52:27 AM

I really enjoyed Civ IV and wasn't that thrilled with V or VI... then I got into a Civ VI multiplayer with Yskonym, Anguille and Bartheart and had to learn the game so I wouldn't embarrass myself. The more I've played it and learned my way around, the more I've enjoyed it to the extent that I haven't gone back to my beloved Civ IV in nearly a year. It took me a while to get into it but I'm glad I took the time.

Does MD know about this?!!!