Carrier (Solitaire, VG)

Started by BanzaiCat, August 06, 2013, 11:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

One thing I've noticed on these old counters is not only do the corners need trimming, there also top and side bits that need trimming as well.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GJK

Quote from: mirth on July 30, 2017, 09:45:55 AM
Quote from: GJK on July 30, 2017, 09:41:04 AM
Yup.

Corners need to be trimmed. Otherwise awesome  O0

Nothing to trim yet - that's from my unpunched set.  :)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bbmike

For those that are still looking, Noble Knight has a copy of Carrier in stock for $225.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GJK

Verifying the contents of my 3 copies of Carrier this weekend (yes, I'm showing off):
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

Nice.

Also, that looks like a handy table you have there.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

Yeah, another Goodwill pick up for $15.  It folds up into a portable with handle.  It came felt lined like that too.  I don't know if it was meant to be a portable blackjack table or what but it's perfect for little games.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Had this printed today - came out bbeeeeauuuuttttiiffffulllll!
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

mirth

bbmike

What size? I've thought about having some of my game maps printed smaller to fit my tiny game table.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

Quote from: bbmike on October 21, 2017, 05:22:08 PM
What size? I've thought about having some of my game maps printed smaller to fit my tiny game table.

I enlarged the hexes when I redrew this one to fit a 5/8" counter so it's a large map (44"x30").
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

DennisS

Quote from: GJK on October 21, 2017, 06:45:28 PM
Quote from: bbmike on October 21, 2017, 05:22:08 PM

I enlarged the hexes when I redrew this one to fit a 5/8" counter so it's a large map (44"x30").

The missus and I finished building our retirement home about a year ago. Specifically, I have my gaming room with a PERMANENT gaming table built into the office. The official rule is LEAVE MY GAME ALONE, even if it sits there for weeks. I have enough space, on three sides, for any game you can imagine. Main table is four feet deep, and I have to stand up and reach to get to it. More for rules, boxes, and extra stuff than actual board. Still, this works. Gotta have me that extra space.

bbmike

^That's my ultimate goal. But in the meantime- tiny game table.  :(
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak