Reading List...

Started by Bison, January 30, 2012, 04:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Well I'm putting together the latest travel reading pile.

George Washington's First War by David Clary. 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043RSKFI/ref=s9_simh_bw_p351_d0_g351_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1CRXZA39HV1K9PMR7ZP5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1345685042&pf_rd_i=1286228011

The Last of the Mohicans
http://www.amazon.com/Mohicans-narrative-Leatherstocking-Tales-ebook/dp/B000JQV49G/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1333530981&sr=1-1
I know.  It's wordy as hell, but I enjoyed it once and thought it'd be worth a relook.

Ivanhoe
http://www.amazon.com/Ivanhoe-ebook/dp/B000JQUYI8/ref=pd_sim_kstore_2?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2
Another classic that I read and this makes me feel old about 25 years ago. 

And I have a couple others on the Kindle, but damned if I can remember.

Gusington

I read Ivanhoe also 25 years ago in one weekend when I was punished. I loved the book!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Currently reading the base system book for Savage Worlds. After that will be a Walking Dead novel covering the rise of The Governor.

Ulfang

I'm in the last chapter and a half of Excalibur in Cornwell's Warlord Trilogy. One of the best series' I've ever read and ever book has been a gripping read. I'll be disappointed when its over although then I'll be moving in to the Saxon Chronicles.
Xfire: Ulfang
Steam/PSN/Xbox: Gavmundo

Bison

I couldn't agree more Ulfang.  Cronwell's Arthur series is awesome.

Martok

I just checked out a bunch of books from the library this morning.  I think I may have an impulse control problem...  :-[ 

Wanting a change of pace from having read almost nothing but Horatio Hornblower the last few months, I think I'm going to start with The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore.  I love (and own) a few of his books already -- Lamb and Fool are nothing short of brilliant IMHO -- and I haven't read this one before, so I'm very much looking forward to it. 

Quote from: Ulfang on April 05, 2012, 07:24:49 AM
I'm in the last chapter and a half of Excalibur in Cornwell's Warlord Trilogy. One of the best series' I've ever read and ever book has been a gripping read. I'll be disappointed when its over although then I'll be moving in to the Saxon Chronicles.
Amusingly enough, The Last Kingdom (the first novel in the Saxon Chronicles) was one of the books I checked out earlier today so I could re-read it; I think it's been four years or so since I first read it.  Fantastic series! 

(Sorry, I know I've probably said that often enough both here and at WG that I sound like a broken record at this point, but I really do love Cornwell's writing.) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces