Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Started by Huw the Poo, September 08, 2019, 06:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I'm surprised about the near uniform negativity in reviews too. Its reinforcing my reluctance to buy it at release. The two main criticisms seem to be brain-dead AI and shameless microtransactions. Have you noticed any problems with these issues?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 04, 2019, 06:54:56 AM
I'm surprised about the near uniform negativity in reviews too. Its reinforcing my reluctance to buy it at release. The two main criticisms seem to be brain-dead AI and shameless microtransactions. Have you noticed any problems with these issues?

It is always hard for me to judge AI, because I usually play on the easier levels since I am not great at shooters.  But I can say I havent experienced any major things that has made me mad or think I expected more.  Certainly nothing different from my experience in Wildlands. Believe most of the transactions are for multiplayer and stuff like that, I don't play that so haven't noticed much.  Thought I read somewhere that UBI was dialing back on those as well, but not 100% sure.

I don't blame people if they hold off based on the reviews but personally I have liked it so far and again, seems just like an extension to Wildlands so I didn't really expect more.

Jarhead0331

^What concerns me is that a lot of the reviewers claim to have also enjoyed Wildlands, but they are claiming this is different in a number of key ways and so they are still $hitting all over it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 04, 2019, 08:19:08 AM
^What concerns me is that a lot of the reviewers claim to have also enjoyed Wildlands, but they are claiming this is different in a number of key ways and so they are still $hitting all over it.

They must expect more or be better than me:)  I think they "feel" very similar to me but I know there are supposedly some differences (classes, perks, skills, etc.).

Jarhead0331

I instinctively feel like I will agree with you once I play it, but I'm going to hold off for now. Its one bad review after another, and from sources I respect. I look forward to the continuing enthusiasm of you and Huw and hope to get more of your impressions.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 04, 2019, 08:27:53 AM
I instinctively feel like I will agree with you once I play it, but I'm going to hold off for now. Its one bad review after another, and from sources I respect. I look forward to the continuing enthusiasm of you and Huw and hope to get more of your impressions.

Hard to argue that...especially since really no price break to buy now......I have to play this now, so that when Call of Duty comes out later this month, I move on:)

Huw the Poo

Well now that I've finally been able to put some time in, one thing I can say is that the microtransactions issue has been blown way out of proportion.  It isn't in your face at all; in fact, you only know it's there if you specifically click on "store", which I did once just to see.  Every thing I do, every area I explore, every mission I complete, leaves me with more blueprints, weapons and gear.  So far I'd say gear progression is about on par with Wildlands, and MTX are completely invisible unless you go out of your way to view them.  Total non-issue.

Huw the Poo

My sharpshooter character ready for combat!

Grim.Reaper

Very cool...I haven't had much time to play, a new shiny object in form of planet zoo hit me:). It's beta ends in couple days so messing around with it...liking it so far.  I didn't think much would be released at end of year I wanted but I keep buying stuff:). Red reemption is next:)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Huw the Poo

Huw the Poo

Planning an amphibious assault:

Grim.Reaper

Just curious, what class you playing as?  I am torn between sharpshooter and panther?  I like the stealth capabilities of panther, but I prefer to use my sniper rifle at long ranges.  I need a blend of a stealthy sniper:)

Huw the Poo

Sharpshooter.  I love the sniper rifles, and the sharpshooter class ability, while situational, is bloody good.  Besides, one of the stealth perks gives you +80 stealth so I don't feel like I need the Panther ability.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 06, 2019, 05:58:34 AM
Sharpshooter.  I love the sniper rifles, and the sharpshooter class ability, while situational, is bloody good.  Besides, one of the stealth perks gives you +80 stealth so I don't feel like I need the Panther ability.

Great, sounds like that perk would balance things out then......think that is what I will roll with then.