2016 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball

Started by Bison, March 14, 2016, 04:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

The league is now up and operational.  All past managers have been sent a reminder with a link to the game.  If you are interested in joining the league and are having issues, leave a message here and Metaldog (assistant commissioner) or I can help get you into the league.

League URL:
https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/grogheads

The league will auto draft in about 15 days, but first we need an even number of teams.  So far 7 of last years managers have signed up.

EDIT:

This is the URL to join the league:
https://yho.com/mlb?l=106950&k=c3a5b42337a17476&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=08be7215cd4d6a9f

undercovergeek

ahem

where did you send the reminders too?

KyzBP

Geek,

One of the stipulations this year is, wherever possible, your team must consist entirely of Japanese players.  Good luck. O0

undercovergeek

lmao - as long as yours are australian ill at least beat someone this year

KyzBP

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 15, 2016, 06:00:09 PM
lmao - as long as yours are australian ill at least beat someone this year

Lol.  The way things are going you'll have more Aussie players than I will. >:(

OJsDad

Do you still need and even number or are you set
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

Yep we need one more manager to reach even numbers.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

OK.  I'll cue the draft to happen this weekend.  That'll give everyone about a week to scrub the free agents before the start of the season.

Bison

I'll be setting the league ready to draft on Saturday evening.  Last chance to rank and order your draft.

bayonetbrant

It's cute that you think my ranking of players will in any way affect whether or not I finish in 8th, 9th, or 10th...  ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 24, 2016, 02:44:12 PM
It's cute that you think my ranking of players will in any way affect whether or not I finish in 8th, 9th, or 10th...  ;D

I just let the computer pick. Then I have a ready made excuse for why my team sucks!!!!!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

I tweak the rankings from the computer, and then let it pick
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 24, 2016, 03:36:59 PM
I tweak the rankings from the computer, and then let it pick

Fantasy baseball is so different from Fantasy football in that way. The season is so long, so many players get injured then come back, veterans hit the career wall and just suck and there are always new 'stars' each year that nobody drafted and are available 1/2 way through the year that your initial draft is not nearly as important as it is in football. It is way more important to manage your team in baseball.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Marty Ward on March 24, 2016, 03:57:48 PMIt is way more important to manage your team in baseball.

It's cute that you think my managing of my team will in any way affect whether or not I finish in 8th, 9th, or 10th...  ;D